Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I escalate my issue to Tesla support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, no. Long story short, 5K free supercharging referral miles not applied to account. Had to re-order, in order to have 5K added to our account, then extra $400 added to financing because re-order was after Tesla raised M3 price. Wrote to Customer Service, Investor Relations, the Board, tweet to Elon. Been almost two-weeks, not even an acknowledgement.

Here is the full story submitted in our survey, if your interested:

"My Tesla purchase, was very straight forward and the vehicle was ready to be delivered in a week, very fast.

I had an account issue, in which a wrong email address was used on my account. Very disappointed that it took four business day for Tesla to correct the email address. One would think, that, 1. an email update is as simple as Tesla updating their database. 2. since I had purchased a Tesla, one would think getting the email changed would be a priority, since I could not see the order, I could not process the other requirements for the purchase.

We received an email/text, that Tesla Bellevue, scheduled my delivery appointment for May 17, 2019. A friend drove us from Olympia, WA to Bellevue, WA on a Friday which means traffic is terrible. Once we arrived at Tesla, it took about an hour, past our scheduled delivery appointment, to proceed with the delivery. And, there was an issue with the referral code not being applied to our order. So, we were completely shocked that we had to create another order, in order for the referral to be applied to my Tesla, and we were told we had to come back the next day (at 5:00 pm), because the referral code could not be retroactively applied to my original order. Seriously, in 2019, there is not an option to fix a referral code issue on the spot? And, it was about a three hour drive home!

We found yet another friend to drive us up, and we begrudgingly drove back up, and it took another two hours to get there (normally an hour drive). Our 5:00 pm appointment began at 6:10 and we thought everything was finally correct and then learned another $441.20 was due at signing because of a Tesla Model 3 price increase on May 14th, and due to us having to create a second order, just to apply the referral code. One would think the store manager would have had enough common sense, to see what had happen with the original and re-order and addressed the issue on the spot!

We placed the original order on May 9, 2019 and agreed to the price and terms at that time. We should not be responsible for these extra closing cost', especially since it’s was the same VIN/Order and we had to drive up two days in a row. We love the Tesla and are happy with the purchase, in spite of the process being a nightmare.

We were contacted [via text] by someone named Jill [in finance dept.], before we drove up to Tesla last Saturday, and wrote back to her about the $441.20 finance issue. It's now been five days, and she has not acknowledged our communication or contacted us back yet.

In summary, the ordering process was very easy, the referral code being applied to ones account is problematic and not intuitive. The time it took to correct the email address, unacceptable! Having to drive all the way to Bellevue, WA, twice, simply because a referral code cannot be retroactively applied instantly, unacceptable! Having to wait more than an hour for our scheduled delivery appointment, both times unacceptable! Why have scheduled times, if that time is not being honored? Being charged more for the same exact vehicle/VIN because of a Tesla price increase, after having to redo the documents, unacceptable!

Finally, not being able to actually talk to a live person, beyond unacceptable! If Tesla want's to use chat and email to communicate for general inquires, we get that. However, once someone has purchased a Tesla, one would think, a hire priority and live person communication would be standard policy. One thing we were excited about, was the Tesla purchasing process, not being like or feeling like a traditional vehicle dealership. However, for us, the experience felt the same. Long waiting times, account problems brought to our attention, only, after driving the long distance to the Tesla delivery store, change in pricing terms, and being ignored after the sale..."

Last edited:
I have found that once you find someone who is helpful, hang on to them for as long as you can. I was fortunate to have a contact inside Tesla finance that was able to resolve an entire host of issues that went unresolved for months until they got involved. Suddently I got checks in the mail, insurance adjustments, and features enabled. Tesla seems to have "troubleshooters" - people who have the authority and the contacts to get things done, but they are sprinkled around the organization. In general, I have found Tesla employees to be helpful, but limited to their particular domain. Best course of action is to be patient, summarize your issues in as few words as possible, and stay on top of it until resolved.

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
OP,

A couple of thoughts:

1) If you have a local store, the general manager of the store has the authority to credit back the $400 upcharge. Don’t waste your time with the front line salespeople. They can’t do anything.

2) The service center has a manager that has the authority to fix this. Try to reach out to them.

3) If all else fails, you could either refuse the delivery until they fix your issue, or if you already took delivery just dispute the $441.20 on your credit card against the $2,500 deposit and let the credit card company help to resolve your issue.

Your right in that your experience is just as bad as a lousy car dealership experience. The only difference is that the dealership is doing it intentionally, while Tesla is just incompetent.

• Informative
Reactions: tvad
It's like a chat bot. You get a response much faster than a human, but you're still not getting anything resolved.
And much like a chat bot, the people I've tried talking with at Tesla Service keep saying stuff like "I have no way to do that" or "That is by design"

TMC needs more than an "interesting" button you can assess to comments.

They need additional ones like.

provocative or "thought provoking ". <------- picturing an old English gentleman / smoking a pipe / nodding his head in an affirmative manner.

th

Last edited:
TMC needs more than an "interesting" button you can assess to comments.

They need additional ones like.

provocative or "thought provoking ". <------- picturing an old English gentleman / smoking a pipe / nodding his head in an affirmative manner.
Maybe they should implement the emoticon functionality found in Discord?
"I find this post very :JellyFish_Scarlet_Flashing:"