Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Opinions

Has your experience with Tesla Service Centers been positive or negative?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a model 3 and had some issues. I took it to a service center and had a pretty big discrepancy with management and they declined to escalate my situation above that location.
Dont understand why they are allowed to chose where my complaint escalates to when i am the customer.
Very unhappy with my first experience and am taking this poll to see how everyone else thinks of the Service centers

Would love to hear other stories and comments about Tesla Service. Thanks!

I just went in for new tires and they damaged 3 of my rims. Now they are denying that they did the damage! I don't trust anyone at Tesla. Paid $1900 for new tires and this crap happened. From now on, TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS of your vehicle before you hand it over to anyone working on your car!!!

After nearly seven years of ownership (three Teslas), service has gone from a solid A to a pathetic D. As soon as sales skyrocketed with introduction of Model 3, service became a low priority. Tesla no longer has existential concerns and apparently could care less about customer satisfaction anymore.

The latest bizarre experience: I had a problem with the car disconnecting from Slacker several weeks ago. Instead of Slacker playing, a blank login screen appeared. A service advisor looked at the car and said he was sending a ticket to the head shed to analyze. Service sent me a text message a couple weeks after I reported the problem asking me to check my Slacker login and password. Seemed like a good idea — even though Slacker had now reconnected — so I asked them to share the login and password in case the problem recurs. Their text response: We don’t have that login info! Well if you don’t have it, who does have it because customers don’t have it — unless you provide it.😆 (That of course is nonsense. It’s their Slacker subscription tied to my car and they did share the login info info with me when my first Tesla also disconnected from Slacker.)

I spoke to a service advisor and supposedly the “service manager” and all I got was a bunch of deflection. Of course they wouldn’t provide the login info that they asked me to try and wouldn’t explain why. Thank heavens these cars don’t need much maintenance. Good luck finding that trusty, experienced mechanic like the one you know and trust to service your non-Teslas.

Last edited: