Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I tell if this used Tesla has USS or Vision?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was OP’s question in order. Yes, yours (@Durzel) answers some part of it.
What really stinks is that anyone has to even ask this question. That it seems clear to PRIORITIZE BUYING A USED Tesla that has the previous technology still active on it than the UPDATED MORE EXPENSIVE BRAND NEW VERSION of the car. I mean seriously Tesla?

Reactions: Rooster6655
Yeah well the point is I've always been hyper aware when I drive and I was kind of hoping with this super new technology car that I could relax a little bit. I mean what's the point of paying for and having a super technology car that I just have to drive like I drove my last ICE car?
It’s just a car bro. Just because it doesn’t burn dinosaurs doesn’t mean you need to drive it any differently than you’ve always done.

It’s just a car bro. Just because it doesn’t burn dinosaurs doesn’t mean you need to drive it any differently than you’ve always done.
Unfortunately most of the electric here in NJ is fueled by coal and nuclear sources. So still a fair amount of dinosaurs in there.
We need to get more standard electric generation to be from renewable sources. Otherwise we're all still burning dinos

Unfortunately most of the electric here in NJ is fueled by coal and nuclear sources. So still a fair amount of dinosaurs in there.
We need to get more standard electric generation to be from renewable sources. Otherwise we're all still burning dinos
Nuclear is clean, if not necessarily renewable. Still doesn’t mean you need to drive it any differently than before though.

Nuclear is clean, if not necessarily renewable. Still doesn’t mean you need to drive it any differently than before though.
I was just responding to your dino juice comment.
Nuclear's clean energy but there's other issues obviously associated with it. Ideally we'd figure out truly clean energy. Maybe fusion someday.
I may be getting my threads mixed up but I hope you're getting my point about even a beta self-drive car should be able to assist with driving. Otherwise it's no different than any ICE car. I'm still getting used to it -I've only had it 6 weeks or so, so possibly I'll settle into it and feel much more comfortable and Tesla will send an update that makes it more functional. We'll see.
I understand your point is to just drive the car like any other car, but that's not why I bought a Tesla.
It's hard as a brand new user to realize that the research I based my purchase on is not valid for the brand new '23 cars since they've removed features, and which were not made clear to me how important that may possibly be to the whole driving, parking and self-drive experience. I hope you understand what I'm saying. I am expecting Tesla to step up to what they've been promising in terms of making Tesla vision as good as their older cars, previous to them removing some of the self-drive features/hardware. At this point it's nowhere near that. Otherwise it's a fun car to drive, but again I probably wouldn't have purchased it yet, if I'd realized the extent of the changes which were not made apparent to me in the three or four test drives I took. I asked specifically about the auto drive features and they just told me because of liability they couldn't enable it for a test drive. But that might have been a great point to be honest about changes that I wouldn't have picked up in my previous understanding of what a Tesla car can be expected to do.

So still a fair amount of dinosaurs in there.

T'was a long time ago, now, but someone in Australia put a gallon of fuel in his tired old home generator, charged his Tesla Model-S, and drove further than an equivalent ICE with an equivalent gallon of fuel.

So don't feel too bad :) and, of course, as they clean up your grid, and add renewables, your car will get greener as it ages, whereas ICE will decrease in efficiency and increase in exhaust pollutants.

T'was a long time ago, now, but someone in Australia put a gallon of fuel in his tired old home generator, charged his Tesla Model-S, and drove further than an equivalent ICE with an equivalent gallon of fuel.

So don't feel too bad :) and, of course, as they clean up your grid, and add renewables, your car will get greener as it ages, whereas ICE will decrease in efficiency and increase in exhaust pollutants.
😏 Good points