Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How common is ghosting?

How is the ghosting in your Model X?

• Very noticeable both day and night

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Noticeable both day and night

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Somewhat noticeable during the day, more noticeable at night

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • Noticeable at night

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • Somewhat noticeable at night

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Not noticeable

Votes: 81 41.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is super noticeable at night on my original model X from 2016 but on my new plaid there is no ghosting whatsoever any time day or night rain or shine
On your new plaid , do you get the dash speaker grill reflection as grid like dots on your windshield ? It’s specially strong under sunlight. Mine does it, I’m not sure if it’s design issue or glass quality issue.

On your new plaid , do you get the dash speaker grill reflection as grid like dots on your windshield ? It’s specially strong under sunlight. Mine does it, I’m not sure if it’s design issue or glass quality issue.
Nah I saw a post about this just the other day and have never noticed it myself.. my vehicle is Matte finished and very dark maybe this is helping to absorb some light? Or maybe some vehicles have this glass issues and others don’t?? No clue.. are your front driver and passenger windows tinted?

Nah I saw a post about this just the other day and have never noticed it myself.. my vehicle is Matte finished and very dark maybe this is helping to absorb some light? Or maybe some vehicles have this glass issues and others don’t?? No clue.. are your front driver and passenger windows tinted?
My windshield is not tinted. I just got the car 3 days ago.. noticed it on the first day .

Reactions: verygreen
It looks like this. If you at the windshield you can see the dots

Yea I’ve seen the photos mine definitely doesn’t have that
I went to the tesla factory and checked out a few Tesla model x. They all have it under sunlight. Maybe you got lucky.

Attachments

• 99BAB4F0-2923-4282-BD5B-0A8CA808BCBF.jpeg
    99BAB4F0-2923-4282-BD5B-0A8CA808BCBF.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 58
  • FCD79D40-2249-4E1B-B079-0D3945381F62.jpeg
    FCD79D40-2249-4E1B-B079-0D3945381F62.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 45