Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How cool will it be to have voice commands that can be mapped to IFTTT routine?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard any news about any plans by Tesla to link voice commands with IFTTT routines or other home automation system? IFTTT would be ideal because it integrates with so many things.

When I pull into the house I usually pull up the Web browser so I can access my home automation system and then turn on the driveway lights and open the garage door. I do this when I'm about half a mile away.

Always thought it would be so awesome if I could use a voice command to invoke the IFTTT routine I've created.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
While we are discussing voice commands I wish the following commands were available as well:
  • Fold mirrors (use this many times a day as O pull in and out of tight garages.)
  • Open/Close Sunroof
  • Set suspension to very high/normal/low
Wish all car features were mapped to voice commands.

• Disagree
Sigh...
If only Tesla supported Carplay and Android Auto we could do all this....
Or if Tesla supported the third party App Store they have been speaking about for years....
The sunroof, suspension height, mirrors, etc should all be doable pretty easily and I can see them happening. The first two options...not so much any longer.

• Love
Reactions: PhilDavid
While we are discussing voice commands I wish the following commands were available as well:
  • Fold mirrors (use this many times a day as O pull in and out of tight garages.)
  • Open/Close Sunroof
  • Set suspension to very high/normal/low
Wish all car features were mapped to voice commands.
fyi v10.2 added voice command to fold or unfold the mirrors, among some other things - but not the other two on your wish list

Has anyone heard any news about any plans by Tesla to link voice commands with IFTTT routines or other home automation system? IFTTT would be ideal because it integrates with so many things.

When I pull into the house I usually pull up the Web browser so I can access my home automation system and then turn on the driveway lights and open the garage door. I do this when I'm about half a mile away.

Always thought it would be so awesome if I could use a voice command to invoke the IFTTT routine I've created.
Doesn't Apple's home kit already do this?

As I approach my house, my iPhone is using LBS and automatically activated my front lights, inside lights, and turned on my HomePod to a streaming station I already have. If I really wanted, it could also open up the Garage Door, but since I park outside most of the time it doesn't his already.

I use Google, Alexa and Samsung supported device. When I get close to the garage, a Samsung multipurpose sensor on the garage door detects movement and the Sonoff basic garage door WiFi switch triggers the Sonoff wired garage lights to turn on. And I back the car. Before I get out, I check for the side wall mounted laser parking guide light reflected against the other far wall insuring I have backed in far enough the garage door will close without hitting baby. As I get out of the car, either the Alexa Auto or a garage mounted Echo Dot, hears me say one Alexa routine name and the garage door closes, the garage lights turn off automatically after 2 minutes and turn on the Wyze light bulb front door porch lights. As I walk up to the front door, a hidden Alexa Dot hears another routine and unlocks the Kwikset deadbolt front door, and turns off the porch lights 1 minute later. A camouflaged Wyze motion sensor, triggers a Wyze camera to begin recording during motion. Same stuff works from Google Assistant too. And from a Alexa Show or Alexa Fire tablet with a voice command, I bring up the garage door on a Wyze and D-Link camera to insure its closed. Fun stuff during SIP

Doesn't Apple's home kit already do this?

As I approach my house, my iPhone is using LBS and automatically activated my front lights, inside lights, and turned on my HomePod to a streaming station I already have. If I really wanted, it could also open up the Garage Door, but since I park outside most of the time it doesn't his already.

I use a Samsung galaxy so not quite the same software in my phone but the problem with geofencing this is that I walk the dog all the time so I don't want these actions triggering each time we come home from a walk.

Also I've had issues getting Alexa geofencing to work reliably because my Samsung Galaxy Note would not let it run in the background reliably.

• Disagree
I use Google, Alexa and Samsung supported device. When I get close to the garage, a Samsung multipurpose sensor on the garage door detects movement and the Sonoff basic garage door WiFi switch triggers the Sonoff wired garage lights to turn on. And I back the car. Before I get out, I check for the side wall mounted laser parking guide light reflected against the other far wall insuring I have backed in far enough the garage door will close without hitting baby. As I get out of the car, either the Alexa Auto or a garage mounted Echo Dot, hears me say one Alexa routine name and the garage door closes, the garage lights turn off automatically after 2 minutes and turn on the Wyze light bulb front door porch lights. As I walk up to the front door, a hidden Alexa Dot hears another routine and unlocks the Kwikset deadbolt front door, and turns off the porch lights 1 minute later. A camouflaged Wyze motion sensor, triggers a Wyze camera to begin recording during motion. Same stuff works from Google Assistant too. And from a Alexa Show or Alexa Fire tablet with a voice command, I bring up the garage door on a Wyze and D-Link camera to insure its closed. Fun stuff during SIP

From what we see, your house is immaculate, love the countertops.