Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did SA communicate with you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jpfive

Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
I have my VIN. How can I expect to hear from my SA? Will that be through my Tesla account page, through email or by text? Will I receive contact info instead, and go from there? So far I have received no indication of changes to my account but by manually checking it periodically.

My SA has communicated with me through E-mail and calls.
She has alternatively been slow to respond and very proactive.
After being through the order process once before, I now know what to do and how to do it. So I try to be a little bit ahead and when I complete the next thing in sequence, I send a message to her about what I've done is case there is something she needs to do on her end.
While not perfect, it seems to have worked out reasonably well so far.
Waiting on a VIN and Delivery date from Tesla but more importantly now, the Title from American Honda for my current car so I can fund my down payment.
Anyhow, phone and E-mail is the answer to your question.

Email primarily. I do remember there was nothing done through the Tesla website login. My SA was great and I didn't have any trouble. She suggested a delivery date and I couldn't make that one. So then she gave me 3 or 4 alternate times and I picked one of those. Car even came in earlier than expected.

Once you have your vin there's no reason to wait to be contacted. As soon as I got my vin, I emailed my local service center asking what needed to be done next. They put me in touch with someone to take care of the financing, who in turn put me in touch with my local delivery team. So far everyone I've dealt with at tesla has been nice and helpful, but I've had to be proactive in getting in touch with them.

Short answer is email.

Note: There is a "Communications Preferences" field on your Tesla Account > Account page for your preferred contact type and time. Do the fine folks at Tesla actually follow these settings? Maybe, they have in my very limited experience.

Thanks for the responses. I might have messed things up. As soon as I received my VIN, I contacted USAA to update the insurance quote with the VIN. I then uploaded that to my account. The next time I logged into my account page I had a message that I no longer had a VIN. However, when I clicked on the "manage" button I still had the earlier message announcing my VIN. Pulling up source page and using Ctrl F I find that first VIN listed on the 'manage' page, but not on the first account page. When I read the very tiny text past the VIN I see a reference to an incorrect VIN for insurance and another reference to ViN has changed. I'm sure this can be quickly sorted once I establish contact with an SA, but I see nothing to identify that person, nor an email or phone number for them. I think I will follow seegs84's suggestion and send a query to my local service center to see if that helps.

i noticed that before i had any tesla VIN in the source, their server had OCR'd the insurance card i'd uploaded (or maybe a human read it) and the VIN of the car which is listed on my insurance card appeared in the page source code as well. but i guess you'd know if the incorrect VIN you see is a tesla VIN or not.

Note: There is a "Communications Preferences" field on your Tesla Account > Account page for your preferred contact type and time. Do the fine folks at Tesla actually follow these settings? Maybe, they have in my very limited experience.

Thanks for the info. I had not set my default(though I am not sure it matters).
I was able to update it to email, but was unable to make a setting for the preferred time of day, and some crazy error message about not being able to create a secondary account was displayed.

He didn't, ever, contact me of his own volition. Every piece of information I got from him was be my sending him an email. I never even got an SMS, call, or email with my delivery date; I noticed the VIN on my Account Page and contacted the delivery center myself.