Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I disable the noisemaker in my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if Tesla implemented some kind of load detection to verify a speaker was there.

The original post said: " demand for a dummy speaker that looks like the real thing but just a resistor."

So I'll ask again -- why do you need a dummy speaker when just a resistor would do the same thing? It's not like anyone can visually inspect the speaker without taking the bumper panel off. So the dummy speaker would be there to what? Fool the Tesla service techs? I don't get it.

So I'll ask again -- why do you need a dummy speaker when just a resistor would do the same thing? It's not like anyone can visually inspect the speaker without taking the bumper panel off. So the dummy speaker would be there to what? Fool the Tesla service techs? I don't get it.

So when the Highway Patrol takes your bumper off to verify the existence of the speaker? Just spitballin' here...........

But anyway that's silly. They will probably just have you drive a straight line, forward and backward, you know, like a drunk driving test but for sound.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: VT_EE and CyberShy
I just took delivery last week, have the speaker, and on software version 2019.27.103
I just got mine on Saturday and have the same software. Isn't that software already old at this point? Teslafi lists lots of newer software but my car is not pulling any of them.

Also patiently waiting for someone to be the guinea pig with disabling the speaker. It is annoying. Im sure if I just did the Duck tape mod, i would still possibly hear it inside the cabin.

• Disagree
Reactions: EfficientWatts