Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get a Mobile Service Tech?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
I see posts from time to time for people getting a mobile service appointment. How does that work? I have a couple minor things (e.g. passenger door pull not closing all the way) and wouldn't want to spend hours waiting at a service center.

What I have noticed that seems to have gotten me mobile techs is selecting "something else" to describe the issue. I have gotten mobile service appoints both times for that. (I don't even recall selecting the address of the service center.) Of course I selected something else as I couldn't find the appropriate item in the app. (coat hanger, body panel alignments.)

At least here in Rockville, Maryland Tesla offers Mobile Service. In fact Mobile Service is the only option that appears when I use the Tesla App to schedule a service appointment. If the vehicle issue cannot be handled by Mobile Service due to major repairs being required, you need to first schedule a Mobile Service appointment and then contact the Service Center, convince the Service Department that the appointment needs to be changed to a Service Center Appointment.