Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get Navigate On Autopilot? 2017 AP 2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently picked up a 2017 S with AP 2.5

The only available option on my menu is AutoSteer (beta) So obviously dont have enhanced autopilot. Can I purchase the Enhanced Autopilot package or do I have to on a subscription? Would I do that through the app or will I need to go into Tesla?

I'm still waiting for the account to transfer over so I can't use the app yet.

Recently picked up a 2017 S with AP 2.5

The only available option on my menu is AutoSteer (beta) So obviously dont have enhanced autopilot. Can I purchase the Enhanced Autopilot package or do I have to on a subscription? Would I do that through the app or will I need to go into Tesla?

I'm still waiting for the account to transfer over so I can't use the app yet.
Your answers are in your phone app once you can get your car registered with Tesla.

What you have is basic Autopilot:
1. TACC
2. Autosteer

If you want more than that, you need to buy EAP or rent or buy FSD.

You order them through your phone app.

By the way, your car's hardware is fine for EAP bu if you want FSD you need to cough up some more dollars to meet the minimum requirement.

The FSD computer is included when you pay for FSD but the MCU2 is extra.

If you rent FSD then you need to pay both the FSD computer and the MCU2.

Plus, if you want FSD beta, 2017 might still have older cameras that needs to be upgraded for free after you pay FSD (That doesn't sound free but it's just like the water is free but you have to pay the meal).

Last edited: