Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get the Beta FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a HW4 MY you can't get FSD Beta until they release an 11.4.X version on a higher base version. The stable version of FSD Beta that is on all the recent FW is 11.3.6 which doesn't support HW4. Early releases of 11.4.X were having issues so Tesla is keeping that back on 2023.7.20 so only a few people have that on a HW4 car...mostly testers and influencers (Early beta testers). Because all new cars have higher base FW than 7.20 you can't go back and get 7.20 to get 11.4.4.

Elon says 11.4.7 next week but even if that is true it still doesn't guarantee it will be released on a high enough base version for all the new cars to get it. Right now new cars are mostly on either 20.9 or 26.7 or factory FW which is 20.100 or something like that.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
If you have a HW4 MY you can't get FSD Beta until they release an 11.4.X version on a higher base version. The stable version of FSD Beta that is on all the recent FW is 11.3.6 which doesn't support HW4. Early releases of 11.4.X were having issues so Tesla is keeping that back on 2023.7.20 so only a few people have that on a HW4 car...mostly testers and influencers (Early beta testers). Because all new cars have higher base FW than 7.20 you can't go back and get 7.20 to get 11.4.4.

Elon says 11.4.7 next week but even if that is true it still doesn't guarantee it will be released on a high enough base version for all the new cars to get it. Right now new cars are mostly on either 20.9 or 26.7 or factory FW which is 20.100 or something like that.
Yeah.... I'm anxiously waiting for this 11.4.7 but I'm concerned it still won't get HW4 cars FSD Beta :(.

Annoyed since I had a brand new Y with free 3 months FSD but it's useless.

Anxiously hoping it becomes available soon before my 3 months run out.

Would Tesla prolong the trial period if FSD doesn't become available before my 3 months run out?
They might prolong the trial if there was anyone in authority that could be contacted by text, phone or email to request the extension. Otherwise, you can hope one of Musk’s influencers tweets him with the request.

Annoyed since I had a brand new Y with free 3 months FSD but it's useless.

Anxiously hoping it becomes available soon before my 3 months run out.

Would Tesla prolong the trial period if FSD doesn't become available before my 3 months run out?