Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do we feel about mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always put them on my vehicles and go with the type that is made/offered by companies like Rokblokz, Rally Armor, etc…
Some of the mud guard models (like the “splash guards” from Rokblokz) are very compact and fit/blend with the Model 3 quite nicely.
I have the Rokblokz on my current 2019 M3P and absolutely love the look and functionality. Below are a few stock product photos from Rokblokz for reference.

Unfortunately, the current offerings from Rokblokz do not fit the refreshed 2024 M3P that I have on order.
Thankfully, Rally Armor recently updated/released a smaller profile mud flap for the 2024+ Model 3’s. I never liked Rally Armor’s mud flaps for the 2023 and older Model 3’s, because they are significantly larger in size and IMO just too big for the Model 3.
Fortunately for 2024 vehicles, Rally Armor redesigned their mud flap and have reduced the size to something that is more comparable to the ones from Rokblokz. So, I just placed my order for the updated mud flaps from Rally Armor for the refreshed M3P that I have on order.

The nice thing about these mud flaps from Rally Armor and Rokblokz is they do not wrap around and make contact with the paint on the side of the fender & bumper. So, no risk for dirt and small rocks to get stuck between the mud flaps and your paint, and causing any wear/scratches over time.
The only downside with the Rally Armor/Rokblokz product is the cost (they are expensive… in the $100 to $150 range).
Not an issue/concern for me because feel they are worth it in terms of looks and functionality. Figure I spent around $60K for a vehicle, so I can afford and don’t mind spending $100-150 for a quality, good looking set of mud guards. To each his/her own, of course…

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

Reactions: Dogs_In_A_Pile
For a stock vehicle I can see them being fine.

As you approach wider wheels and tires they aren’t wide enough to prevent dirty water from spraying down the sides (or from gravel hitting the rocker panel with sticky tires).

And, all four of mine broke off within a few months of lowering due to unexpected speed bumps on various road trips (I.e. turning into a busy parking lot and forced over aggressive speed bumps even at a crawl).

I also have a few minor marks in the paint from them (which I originally didn’t care about because I didn’t think I or the roads would remove them).

Knowing what I know now, I personally wouldn’t bother with them again.

IMG_0963.jpeg

As an efficiency believer I have removed the mud flaps and instead put foil around the lower area where stones can hit. My new Model 3 Highland Standard Range hat no rear flaps anyway, which looked very odd to me. I think those flaps look odd on a fast, highly efficient electric car anyway.

Having the foil put on cost me only €80 (less than $90) per side, so was a cheap fix.

Reactions: Don.Church
I always put them on my vehicles and go with the type that is made/offered by companies like Rokblokz, Rally Armor, etc…
Some of the mud guard models (like the “splash guards” from Rokblokz) are very compact and fit/blend with the Model 3 quite nicely.
I have the Rokblokz on my current 2019 M3P and absolutely love the look and functionality. Below are a few stock product photos from Rokblokz for reference.

Unfortunately, the current offerings from Rokblokz do not fit the refreshed 2024 M3P that I have on order.
Thankfully, Rally Armor recently updated/released a smaller profile mud flap for the 2024+ Model 3’s. I never liked Rally Armor’s mud flaps for the 2023 and older Model 3’s, because they are significantly larger in size and IMO just too big for the Model 3.
Fortunately for 2024 vehicles, Rally Armor redesigned their mud flap and have reduced the size to something that is more comparable to the ones from Rokblokz. So, I just placed my order for the updated mud flaps from Rally Armor for the refreshed M3P that I have on order.

The nice thing about these mud flaps from Rally Armor and Rokblokz is they do not wrap around and make contact with the paint on the side of the fender & bumper. So, no risk for dirt and small rocks to get stuck between the mud flaps and your paint, and causing any wear/scratches over time.
The only downside with the Rally Armor/Rokblokz product is the cost (they are expensive… in the $100 to $150 range).
Not an issue/concern for me because feel they are worth it in terms of looks and functionality. Figure I spent around $60K for a vehicle, so I can afford and don’t mind spending $100-150 for a quality, good looking set of mud guards. To each his/her own, of course…

View attachment 1054133

View attachment 1054134

View attachment 1054135
Do you have a side by side picture or dimension measurements between the old and 2024+ mudflaps from Rally Armor? Would love to see the size difference. Thanks!

As an efficiency believer I have removed the mud flaps and instead put foil around the lower area where stones can hit. My new Model 3 Highland Standard Range hat no rear flaps anyway, which looked very odd to me. I think those flaps look odd on a fast, highly efficient electric car anyway.

Having the foil put on cost me only €80 (less than $90) per side, so was a cheap fix.

Trying to envision what do you mean by foil. Photos would be appreciated.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
Do you have a side by side picture or dimension measurements between the old and 2024+ mudflaps from Rally Armor? Would love to see the size difference. Thanks!
I don’t have any actual side-by-side photos, but Rally Armor customer service did send me the following actual photos of their updated mud flaps on a 2024 Model 3 Highland. You can compare these to the Splash Guards from Rokblokz shown in my above post. They look pretty similar in size to me. Appears the Rally Armor ones are just slightly larger…

IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

For a stock vehicle I can see them being fine.

As you approach wider wheels and tires they aren’t wide enough to prevent dirty water from spraying down the sides (or from gravel hitting the rocker panel with sticky tires).

And, all four of mine broke off within a few months of lowering due to unexpected speed bumps on various road trips (I.e. turning into a busy parking lot and forced over aggressive speed bumps even at a crawl).

I also have a few minor marks in the paint from them (which I originally didn’t care about because I didn’t think I or the roads would remove them).

Knowing what I know now, I personally wouldn’t bother with them again.

View attachment 1054157
As far as I know, RallyArmor flaps are floppy so I don't see how RA flaps could be destroyed like that. I always ran RA flaps on my WRX and Legacy GTs.

I don’t have any actual side-by-side photos, but Rally Armor customer service did send me the following actual photos of their updated mud flaps on a 2024 Model 3 Highland. You can compare these to the Splash Guards from Rokblokz shown in my above post. They look pretty similar in size to me. Appears the Rally Armor ones are just slightly larger…

View attachment 1054427

View attachment 1054428

View attachment 1054429
How much do they pay to advertise for them? Is it a monthly stipend or a one time payment?

Yeah, it seems counterintuitive to put flaps on an aerodynamic vehicle, knowing they will create lots of dirty air. Actually that's one of my prime reasons for NOT putting them on.

How much do they pay to advertise for them? Is it a monthly stipend or a one time payment?
Well, wise ass, if that were true then I should be receiving something from both Rokblokz and Rally Armor… but that definitely ain’t happening. Don’t get me wrong, I wish at least one of them were paying me something. A free set of mud flaps would be nice.
Bought both sets from both manufacturers with my own money. The only motivation/purpose I had in posting those photos was to help anyone who might be interested in a quality set of mud flaps, that won’t crack/break when you run over speed bumps and look decent/good on the vehicle.