Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do we feel about mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, they're functional, but on the other, they look a little bit dorky.

Not just functional, but essential for covering up Model 3 rocker panel design defect:

Are they a good add?

I would say front ones are essential for any long-term owner. I went with Tesla OEM ones (link in above thread).
You can trim them to outline the contour of the wheel well and the front of the rocker panel, and make them all but invisible. If the esthetics bother you.
But without them, you will be sand-blasting the front of the rocker panel, which will lead to rust.

I've heard estimates of 3% efficiency loss.

From whom? That seams fanciful.
Sources?

BTDT,
a

IYKYK and if you don't you hate. Rockbloks suck because they make you drill a screw into the sheetmetal. Really?? That is nuts. I have a set for the pre-24 model 3 if anyone wants them. I'll sell them for $25. Brand new

IMG_1694.jpeg

Mud flaps are aerodynamically highly inefficient. I would never use them on a Tesla.

To have these huge paddles in the front, but not in the back, makes the design all the more ugly.

I have instead used foil on the parts sensitive to stone hits.

IYKYK and if you don't you hate. Rockbloks suck because they make you drill a screw into the sheetmetal. Really?? That is nuts. I have a set for the pre-24 model 3 if anyone wants them. I'll sell them for $25. Brand new

View attachment 1055643

Hmmm. I have the Rokblokz “Splash Guards” on my 2019 M3P and can confirm there is NO drilling of any kind required to install them. See photos attached below. Yes, that is my vehicle.

Perhaps the ones on your vehicle are the larger size rally style “mud flaps” from Rokblokz, and perhaps those larger profile ones require drilling?

FRONT:
IMG_8202.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

REAR:
IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

Reactions: Jangy
Just installed the rally armor mudflaps. I think it looks pretty good. It’s definitely smaller compared to their other mudflaps. I have a set for a Ford Focus to compare with. View attachment 1055770View attachment 1055771
Very Nice! I just received my set of Rally Armor mudflaps, but with black lettering/logo (see photo below). So, it’s not as visible. Obviously, it’s just personal preference. These mudflaps are definitely a lot more flexible than I was expecting. I understand the reasoning for that, but not sure how I’ll like it.

By the way, I’m scheduled to pick up my 2024 refreshed M3P this Sunday!! Same color as yours… Ultra Red. Can’t wait!!

IMG_8207.jpeg

Reactions: Jangy
Very Nice! I just received my set of Rally Armor mudflaps, but with black lettering/logo (see photo below). So, it’s not as visible. Obviously, it’s just personal preference. These mudflaps are definitely a lot more flexible than I was expecting. I understand the reasoning for that, but not sure how I’ll like it.

By the way, I’m scheduled to pick up my 2024 refreshed M3P this Sunday!! Same color as yours… Ultra Red. Can’t wait!!

View attachment 1055805
I'm thinking about replacing my RokBlokz rally style mud flaps with Rally Armor because I want that flexibility, haha...

Reactions: GreenHokie

View attachment 1055805
The mudflaps are flexible. But after installing it, it is not that flexible because the top portion is clipped/connected to the existing hole in the wheel well. The only flexible part is the bottom part and while driving, it doesn’t bend or flex at all. Had a buddy took a look at it while driving highway speed.

The mudflaps are flexible. But after installing it, it is not that flexible because the top portion is clipped/connected to the existing hole in the wheel well. The only flexible part is the bottom part and while driving, it doesn’t bend or flex at all. Had a buddy took a look at it while driving highway speed.
I get what you’re saying. Thanks for the great feedback. Glad to hear the bottom part of these mud flaps doesn’t flex/bend too much at highway speeds.