Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you check your tire pressures by cellphone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ARRGGHHHH!!!

Me - "Open Tire Pressure Monitor"
Tesla - 'OPENING TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR' (nothing)

Me - "Open Owner's Manual"
Tesla "OPENING OWNERS MANUAL" (Owner's manual opens)

Me - Hits SEARCH button and up comes a Keyboard. But you can't type anything. Need to ask GOOGLE how a Tesla actually works.

With your other cars? I wasn't aware this was even a thing since the cars need to move a short distance to take a reading/calibrate/relay this information accurately.

No. All my other cars do this. I select the car on my phone app, and check all 5 cars except the Tesla.

I can't even figure out how to Monitor the TPMS or keep it displayed on the screen like other cars.

• Funny
Reactions: GZDongles
No. All my other cars do this. I select the car on my phone app, and check all 5 cars except the Tesla.

I can't even figure out how to Monitor the TPMS or keep it displayed on the screen like other cars.
I can't help you with the app but I have mine displayed on the instrument cluster at all times, right hand side. Left side for me is energy graph since I'm often using nav so I don't want the tire pressure to disappear when the turn-by-turn comes up on the left side. Hold the right scroll and select "status" I think it is. This is should show the tire pressure of all four on the IC at all times if you do that.

• Informative
Reactions: MXLRplus
Which cars can you check the pressure by cellphone?

I believe a TPMS system will only show data when moving. The sensors turn off to save battery I think. Cars that display it for non moving cars are relying on memory (at least that is how my Acura acted).

Which cars can you check the pressure by cellphone?

I believe a TPMS system will only show data when moving. The sensors turn off to save battery I think. Cars that display it for non moving cars are relying on memory (at least that is how my Acura acted).

General Motors for one, there are probably others.

It is entirely false that cars can't read the TPMS when parked. That's how you fill the tires on GM cars. You put air into them until the horn honks.

General Motors for one, there are probably others.

It is entirely false that cars can't read the TPMS when parked. That's how you fill the tires on GM cars. You put air into them until the horn honks.
Interesting! That’s cool!

Can you put air in them after the car sat overnight in the garage and it also works? Typical TPMS sensors go to sleep after 30 minutes of sitting. I think they only wake up to motion, but not sure. There are probably variations on different sensors.