Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you launch your car (non-P versions)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BrettS, I think with different sets of assumptions, we can all be right. True?

I’m not sure I agree with you there. I think at the end of the day the fact is that accelerating harder uses more energy than accelerating more gently. If you use more energy then your average energy usage will go up. Regen gets some of that energy back, but it’s not proportional to how hard you accelerated.

Think of it this way... If you regen from 60-0 you will get X amount of energy back. It doesn’t matter if you went from 0-60 in 3 seconds or in 10 seconds, when you regen from 60 you will get the same amount of power back. So therefore, if you use more energy to get to 60 in the first place then you’ll have a higher net usage after you subtract the power you got back from the regen.

If you do go out and play around I’d be interested in seeing what your results are. If I get a few minutes later today or tomorrow I might try to play around myself and see how it turns out. I think real world numbers are certainly much more accurate than the hypothetical situations that we are coming up with.

Well the thing is that because of flow of traffic, the reality is that the slow scenario results in less time spent in Regen in my experience. Plus I wasn’t talking about 60-0 both times, but rather something more like 60-0 and 40-0.

Anyway, I’ll definitely play around if the rain ever stops

Plus I wasn’t talking about 60-0 both times, but rather something more like 60-0 and 40-0.

You keep talking about different top speeds, but that’s just going to make the numbers worse for the hard acceleration. Not only does the harder acceleration take more energy to start with, but accelerating to a higher speed uses even more energy. Since regen only gives you back a fraction of what you put in even with all else being equal just the act of accelerating to a higher top speed will result in a higher net energy use.

Reactions: mal_tsla
Someone needs to start a poll

1 - I bought a Tesla to go from 0-X in __ seconds because it can and its fun!!! and don't use GAS
2- I bought a Tesla because its fun to drive and i don't use GAS
3 - I bought a Tesla because i just want to drive electric and don't care how fast I go
4- I bought a Tesla and Love CHILL mode and don't use gas

:) ( sorry I had to.....)

F4EC43FE-3467-40E6-8B26-D66F86BFF81A.jpeg
I noticed with Ludacris mode enabled cars, there is a dedicated launch more (step on brake with left foot + gas right foot, etc).

Is there an equivalent way of doing this for a 75 or 75D?

Ludacris mode is available on any car, but you have to take your shirt off to activate it.

Does anyone know what happens if you stop a non-P car, put your one foot on brake and then put your other foot on gas pedal while first foot is still on brake, and then just lifting foot from brake while gas pedal is still pressed?

Does anyone know what happens if you stop a non-P car, put your one foot on brake and then put your other foot on gas pedal while first foot is still on brake, and then just lifting foot from brake while gas pedal is still pressed?

There's drag strip mode on the Palladium MS LR. When drag strip mode is enabled, full brake + full accelerator will put the car into launch mode with cheetah stance.