Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you wash your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I shipped our 3rd kit out this week to fellow Tesla Motor Club members. If anyone has questions about Waterless, feel free to send an email or PM. At the end of the day its more important the members here get a safe and quality product for what they pay.
IMG_2556.JPG

Looking for help:

I used Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax for the first time today. I used chemical guys extra plush microfiber rag and soaked it in the mixed solution. While "wiping/cleaning" the car I felt more resistance than I'm used to with traditional "suds" type washing.

I've seen videos of people spraying a mixed solution on the vehicle but the instructions don't say to do that.

YouTube videos show many people doing it same way as I did but none of them mentioned the drag type resistance felt so I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

P.s. I washed my Mazda SUV. It had a thin but pretty solid layer of dust all over it.

I spray the No Rinse (no wax) solution, twice, at least, before using microfibre soaked towels on the vehicle. I make certain that anything that is on the vehicle does and can dissolve does dissolve, during spraying applications as well, which may take a third spritz, depending... It is useful to wait, in my experience, several minutes between spritzes.

I had had my white S Modesta'd about 18months ago and brought it back to the detailer, who had applied the coating, for a recheck about 14 months ago. Only a few superficial scratch areas were noted-someone washed my car, despite explicit and repeated direction to not do so months prior to the recheck... Just sayin' At any rate, that worked well for me.

Thank you very much

Fury

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
I own a Classic 1956 Chevy in addition to my MS. In the classic community you would never use water to clean the car. I use the California Car duster to clean grit and surface dirt from the Car in about 10 minutes. Surprisingly as advertised the dirtier it get the better it clean over time. This minimizes swirls etc.

If required this is followed by a quick detail spray and microfiber towels. Detail sprays are all about the same, Mothers Lucas, McGuires etc. they are all very very good at removing bug proteins and can be used on Windows also.

I do use water and bucket on wheels of MS. Brushes order from Chemical Guys website.

The Original California Car Duster - Walmart.com
Meguiar's Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe Spray (16 oz.) A3316: Advance Auto Parts

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: davidc18