Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does playlist work in Apple Music?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just started an Apple Music trial last night. You need to turn on "Sync Library" in the iphone Settings menu. Once that's turned on, the playlists from your phone app should all sync onto the car's app. It seem to take a while initially when I was looking to get a test playlist to sync up, but after a while all the playlists I ported from Tidal was sync'd relatively quickly.

BTW, if anyone from Tesla or Tidal is reading this, I'm most likely switching to Apple Music solely because there is no effing shuffle button for Tidal in the car.

Yeah now it sync's the playlist but is taking forever and it doesn't show the status. For some reason it shows duplicates of every song, does it happen to yours?
I didn't get duplicates of the songs, but it did take a while to sync at first. The iphone app had a status bar for synching that look "stuck" to me. I don't know, after it started working correctly the new songs I added to the playlists on my iphone app appeared fairly quickly in the car. Maybe just give it a bit of time to see if it sorts itself out.