Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does Tesla handle 3rd party financing who deposit money in your own account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Tesla and am using 3rd party financing that deposits the entire amount into my account, so I would be paying the financed amount plus my down payment directly to Tesla. When I log in to MyTesla, the payment portal only allows me to pay my down payment amount. It shows a line item for the financed amount, but won't let me pay it.

I've reached out to my DS, but haven't heard back. Just wondering if others in this situation have paid the entire amount in the portal, or if you have to send a cashiers check or something for the financed amount.

They'll take a personal check. Or at least they did when I bought my P85+.

You can do a bank check or cashier's check if you want.

Like they told me "We know where to find you".
My only option at the moment is the payment portal on the website, which is fine with me as I have the money in the account. But they wont ship my car to Texas until its paid, and they literally won't let me pay them. Frustrating.

My only option at the moment is the payment portal on the website, which is fine with me as I have the money in the account. But they wont ship my car to Texas until its paid, and they literally won't let me pay them. Frustrating.

talk to ur OA or DS and explain to them. Usually the ACH payment option only exists when you tell them you are paying cash. Or they can give you where to send the check and just do billpay and have them send a bank check to tesla in fremont.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
If your loan goes directly into your account, I believe you don't have to tell them you're getting a loan; you can just say that you're paying cash.

Unless the lender requires something funny.

If Tesla titles the car to you and the lender needs the title you can always sign over the title to the lender later.

Reactions: Kacey Green