Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does the ultrasonic sensors on the FWDs handle PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the trouble the ultrasonic sensors has had with a few extra millimeter of paint on the doors, how in the world are people able to put PPF on the doors and they still function normally? I'm waiting for a new MX that will be here in May, and I've been considering PPF, but thinking about the FWDs and their sensors make me nervous. Anybody that can ease my anxiety?

With all the trouble the ultrasonic sensors has had with a few extra millimeter of paint on the doors, how in the world are people able to put PPF on the doors and they still function normally? I'm waiting for a new MX that will be here in May, and I've been considering PPF, but thinking about the FWDs and their sensors make me nervous. Anybody that can ease my anxiety?
My X is Vinyl wrapped (yellow), frontal PPF, and ceramic coated. I've noticed no difference whatsoever. Before treatment and after, it just works. I have the same issues with the driver door not opening fully on approach that other have reported. But more often than not, it works fine. It was not impacted at all, by the wrap, PPF and ceramic coat.

Last edited: