Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far have you taken your test drive car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Idk what Tesla calls these, test drive loaner? But basically when they allow you to take home a Tesla for a day.

Current S and 3 owner.
Every so often I like to pop into a Tesla show room and every so often I kick the can with the Tesla staff and more times then non, I get offered to take home the Tesla I’m looking at for 24 hours. Of course, I’m not going to say no.. on 3 different occasions lol

I get something along the lines of “yes, since you are part of the Tesla family, we trust you.” I’m sure it’s just a way to try to sell me a newer Tesla. So last time this happened, it was for a fully loaded Model X P100D! No rules, no limits given, just be back 24hrs with it and enjoy. So my wife and I decided to take a trip to Leavenworth WA from Seattle. About 4 hour drive away.. through the mountains, covered in snow.. what could go wrong? lol ran into a heavy snow storm on the way there and got there super late because of it. Stayed the night at a hotel and made the drive back in the morning to Seattle. Which btw, the car handled great in the mountains with the snow, But was nervous driving a $140k car we didn’t own in those conditions. Returned in one peace to the snow room with some obvious slash on the undercarriage. They asked if we enjoyed it and where we went with it. My short reply was “around” lol best test drive ever to the fullest!

So Idk what Tesla calls these, test drive loaner? But basically when they allow you to take home a Tesla for a day.

Current S and 3 owner.
Every so often I like to pop into a Tesla show room and every so often I kick the can with the Tesla staff and more times then non, I get offered to take home the Tesla I’m looking at for 24 hours. Of course, I’m not going to say no.. on 3 different occasions lol

I get something along the lines of “yes, since you are part of the Tesla family, we trust you.” I’m sure it’s just a way to try to sell me a newer Tesla. So last time this happened, it was for a fully loaded Model X P100D! No rules, no limits given, just be back 24hrs with it and enjoy. So my wife and I decided to take a trip to Leavenworth WA from Seattle. About 4 hour drive away.. through the mountains, covered in snow.. what could go wrong? lol ran into a heavy snow storm on the way there and got there super late because of it. Stayed the night at a hotel and made the drive back in the morning to Seattle. Which btw, the car handled great in the mountains with the snow, But was nervous driving a $140k car we didn’t own in those conditions. Returned in one peace to the snow room with some obvious slash on the undercarriage. They asked if we enjoyed it and where we went with it. My short reply was “around” lol best test drive ever to the fullest!

They can easily find out.