Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Ford's Mach-E 1400 makes lots of noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
It absolutely is the straight cut gears. To answer Dolemite question, the main reason to do it is that it sounds awesome!

My Energica Ego sounds very similar to that Mach-E 1400, and it also has straight cut gears.

Just wanted to follow up on this, we have an official answer now. It's not the motors or the gears, we were both wrong. They are military strength speakers to simply make a lot of noise.

Just wanted to follow up on this, we have an official answer now. It's not the motors or the gears, we were both wrong. They are military strength speakers to simply make a lot of noise.

Would you care to back this claim up? I did a search, and found this: Electric Ford Mustang Mach-E features 'audio wizardry' with optional engine noise

That speaker mod is for the production model Mach-E, not the 1400 hp beast we were talking about.

Would you care to back this claim up? I did a search, and found this: Electric Ford Mustang Mach-E features 'audio wizardry' with optional engine noise

That speaker mod is for the production model Mach-E, not the 1400 hp beast we were talking about.

If you watch the video, it explains they specifically use two military-grade speakers that can be heard from over a mile away. It is not the factory version that pumps it through stock stereo speakers (which the 1400 does not have).

If you watch the video, it explains they specifically use two military-grade speakers that can be heard from over a mile away. It is not the factory version that pumps it through stock stereo speakers (which the 1400 does not have).
For some reason the vid you posted didn’t load for me earlier. Yep, they used speakers to make it more angry! Still sounds cool.