Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How high is a Model 3 off the ground?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
Just got invited to configure. Yay :).

My only concern - how high off the ground is a Model 3?

The driveway curb where I live has a particularly nasty up and down, and my Model S would scrape if it wasn't for the adjustable suspension. It scrapes in the middle of the car between the front and rear wheels when the front wheels go over the curb and come down again, but the rear wheels haven't entered the curb yet.

My Leaf has no problem.

Is a Model 3 height closer to an S, or closer to a Leaf?

It sounds like it's actually the break-over angle that's a concern in which case the shorter wheelbase is actually a help.

upload_2018-1-4_13-39-52.png

FWIW, the M3 is listed as 5.5" of clearance while the S is 4.6-6.3" with air suspension.

Also, I'm excited to see an non-employee WA invite!

Reactions: Big-T
This is good to know. My driveway does have a fairly steep stormwater curb, so I was a little worried if the clearance was way different than my G6. If it's 5.5" I think it makes it a difference of like 1/2 inch to my G6, which is about 6". I think I'll be good regardless since I always have to come in at an angle to get in and out of my driveway. My across the street neighbor always parks their truck on the street across from my driveway, it never keeps me from being able to get in or out, but I can't ever swing out enough to go head on into my driveway.