Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove my M3 off a curb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I drove off my m3 off a curb yesterday and I felt the impact real hard. (No bounce from the suspension straight impact) I pulled over and found out I have scraped the battery pack on the front passenger side of the car. Does any one know if I should take the car to Tesla and get it checked out? Thanks to everyone.
2023 M3 LFP

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    834.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0309.jpeg
    IMG_0309.jpeg
    528 KB · Views: 164
Nah, it's fine. You were fortunate to have landed on the jacking point so the only damage is a little scratched paint and some scuffs to the plastic trim piece.

Give it a little spritz of black spray paint to prevent it from developing a rusty appearance and no one will ever know this happened. That region gets scuffed up on all cars by jacks and road debris anyway.

Reactions: gtgarner
Thanks man that is good to hear. Yesterday was a fuxxed day. Later on after driving off the curb. I took a right turn and hit a curb again while I was turning. The car was almost went flying and my head hit the window. surprisingly the rim didn’t crack, just some scrapes and dents. Dam Tesla has some good quality stuff. Bad luck yesterday but I guess also good luck? Thanks again for the reply.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    669.7 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: gtgarner
Thanks man that is good to hear. Yesterday was a fuxxed day. Later on after driving off the curb. I took a right turn and hit a curb again while I was turning. The car was almost went flying and my head hit the window. surprisingly the rim didn’t crack, just some scrapes and dents. Dam Tesla has some good quality stuff. Bad luck yesterday but I guess also good luck? Thanks again for the reply.

Yeah...you are fine.

I've done it plenty of times. Not off curbs, but Chicago presents plenty of opportunities with potholes. and horrible railroad tracks.

Another incident today !!! This women just hit my car while backing up. I got off the car to see and damage. Nothing major so I just told her all good. And she just ****ing left. No a word. I’m so pissed.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 130
So I drove off my m3 off a curb yesterday and I felt the impact real hard. (No bounce from the suspension straight impact) I pulled over and found out I have scraped the battery pack on the front passenger side of the car.
Strike 1
I took a right turn and hit a curb again while I was turning. The car was almost went flying and my head hit the window. surprisingly the rim didn’t crack, just some scrapes and dents. Dam Tesla has some good quality stuff.
Strike 2
Another incident today !!! This women just hit my car while backing up.
Strike 3

Strongly recommend you park your car in an enclosed garage for a couple days and lock the door . 🤪

Yesterday was a fuxxed day. Later on after driving off the curb. I took a right turn and hit a curb again while I was turning. The car was almost went flying and my head hit the window. surprisingly the rim didn’t crack, just some scrapes and dents.
You are the reason while cycling I don't trust motorists. Not that they are trying to run me over, but people having "fuxxed" moments. Don't get your rims fixed, something tells me those won't be the last curbed marks on your rims.

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev
You are the reason while cycling I don't trust motorists. Not that they are trying to run me over, but people having "fuxxed" moments. Don't get your rims fixed, something tells me those won't be the last curbed marks on your rims.
I understand you. It’s like the same when you see ‘bad drivers’ it’s not they are all bad drivers, it’s just that we are human and human will make mistakes.

By the way I was gonna fix these but my mom ****ed the other rims while parking lmao. I’m not gonna fix it entill she stops driving it. 😂