Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I doubled my tire life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking into these for my P85. Ive read on other forums that it can be difficult to find a shop to do the alignment. Have you experienced any difficulty with shops refusing to work on the car due to the unique design of the hardware or any other reason?
How have they held up?
getting these installed next week. Currently lowered on links and on 21" Arachnids and trying to save my tires

Attachments

• IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reactions: Evoyager
Interesting thread. My experience is the opposite.

The mobile service guy measured the tire tread on my 2019 MS Performance with 28000 km (17500 miles) and found 6mm on both rears and 3-4 mm on the fronts, so double the wear on the fronts compared to the rears. I wonder why the difference?

I found that hard fast turns tears the thread off the sides of front tires. Also. My car is antique, I found I have to check pressure every month because of temperature change. Pressure has to be 45 to 50 psi.
Wear rating on replacement tires means alot. My friend went thru a set in a year, he found low pressure all the time. Notice, there are a lot of variables.

$550 with the coupon.

the Goodyear tires are designed to help with the torque wear. If they actually work that will be great but the problem with excessive wear isn’t from the torque only. It’s the camber these cars come with from factory. And non adjustable camer arms or bolts is the big problem. No matter what tire is used or compound this will always happen because camber creates heat which makes it wear fast. And toe even more.
sorry may I ask where do you got the coupon?

I hope I’m posting this in the correct forum if not admins please move.

I’m sure we all have experienced the same issue. Drastic tire wear on the rear of our S and X cars. Well owning a RWD P85 made that even worse but all models suffer from the same problems. From factory the rear camber is not adjustable and the cars come with a lot of negative camber as it is. I also lowered my model S so that made it even worse.

luckily I was able to find a set of adjustable upper control arms and toe adjusters aswell from N2itive Designs. I’m so happy I got these arms. What a difference. I’ve had the same rear tires on now for 50,000 kms already it’s amazing. And I don’t have to remind anyone how much money tires are for these cars.

just thought I’d share in case anyone is interested in getting them.
Website is www.n2itive.me the fellows name is Don, very helpful dude.
will tesla install them?

• Funny
Reactions: sorka
I put 5000 miles on my 2020 S which I got used with new tires......no appreciable wear shows.

Peter
8K miles on my '23 Plaid with OEM PS4S running -1.1 rear camber via N2itive forged arms... negligible wear even on the very innermost tread. I hope to get 20-25K miles out of the rears.

Pretty amazing what basic vehicle alignment knowledge gets you in return. Shock of the century.

8K miles on my '23 Plaid with OEM PS4S running -1.1 rear camber via N2itive forged arms... negligible wear even on the very innermost tread. I hope to get 20-25K miles out of the rears.

Pretty amazing what basic vehicle alignment knowledge gets you in return. Shock of the century.

If the tires allow this, swapping your rear tires so inside becomes outside, might add another 10-20k.