Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is Bluetooth Audio Supposed to Work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I pair my phone or tablet with the car via Bluetooth and play something (e.g. Youtube video), there's no audio anywhere. I'm guessing the car is supposed to be playing it.

If I walk away beyond Bluetooth range, the Youtube video pauses, and when I start it again, the audio plays fine over the device. Go back to the car, it pauses, and when I start it again, there's no sound.

I've told the device to share audio.

Am I missing something?

You sure its not just turned down very low? As in, once you try to play the audio in the car, turn up the volume on the phone / tablet using its physical volume switches, then turn up the volume in the car using the steering wheel control.

Its entirely possible that the audio is turned down when you make that bluetooth connection.

After I pair my phone or tablet with the car via Bluetooth and play something (e.g. Youtube video), there's no audio anywhere. I'm guessing the car is supposed to be playing it.

If I walk away beyond Bluetooth range, the Youtube video pauses, and when I start it again, the audio plays fine over the device. Go back to the car, it pauses, and when I start it again, there's no sound.

I've told the device to share audio.

Am I missing something?

Did you select "Phone" as your audio source? If not, that's what you're missing.