Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is Tesla Customer Service nowadays (2020)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a chance for investors in TSLA to get Elon and team to talk about this during earnings through Say. Upvote my question below if you like it. Note: I try to be respectful with my question:
"Please share your plans to improve human customer facing service. As much as the goal is to make vehicles that don't need maintenance and for the app to make the process more efficient, there are so many edge cases where actual human interaction is needed to solve issues."

Reactions: insider
Hi All,

Whenever Tesla sends you a survey, please consider sending back something like this if you feel the same way I do:

I love Tesla and have nothing but respect for the people who work there.

That said, I hate your service center telephone policy with the fire of a thousand burning suns.

Why would you force me to choose between showing up uninvited and making a reservation with my thumbs? At least let me make the appointment at tesla.com using my computer.

Even then, this type of asynchronous communication sets everyone up for aggravation and failure. It would seem you already know this, because you don't shackle your salespeople to this ill-conceived approach. Efficient communication often requires a series of dependent questions and answers that are not even remotely suited to an app on a phone.

As a former employee, a customer, and current investor, I implore you to reconsider.

Unfortunately, Tesla still makes by far the most attractive BEVs, and IMHO the most attractive vehicles. However, their attitude towards customers is total crap! Not being able to talk to anyone in service is amazing. Even the worst companies I've dealt with don't take that attitude, Tesla pretty much stands alone.

Their attitude seems to be that as long as they can sell cars, they'll continue to degrade the customer experience because, Why Not?

When I still had by Audi's I would get an emailed survey every time I called customer service or took the car in for service. Likewise I would also get a courtacy call to follow-up if everything is okay post service, again every time it came back from service.