Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is your white interior doing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does a ceramic coating hold up on a seat when it's constantly facing abrasion from daily use?
Well, it holds up better than an uncoated seat. It's hard to quantify exactly how well it holds up because everyone treats their car differently, but it certainly protects the seat more than nothing at all. On my white leather office chair that sees very heavy use, the ceramic coated side is still holding up and looking better than the untreated side.

I don't have my Tesla yet. But in talking to a few folks who have white seats fall into two camps: they either love them or they regret having them. (Strangely, no one in the middle.) When talking to people in person, I would say that 70% are in the "regret" camp. However, in the forums (this one included) the "love them" camp is definitely in the majority (or at least more vocal, haha). I personally ordered the black because I know/trust the friends I talked to in person. But even I'm still somewhat considering the white seats. Truthfully, I don't even really like either the black or the white options. This is probably the only thing I'll miss about having my Lexus - the red and black leather interiors.
Red seats are available aftermarket. Complete seat kits.

Reactions: rylangreg
Any concern that one of the warnings listed in the Cquartz site is this? Should be getting my car any month now and looking to prepare for that :D

• Avoid use on white/light colored interiors
It's fine. I just coated mine, no issues. They used to come with orange cloths and that would be an issue with white interiors. Solved a long time ago, they come with white ones now.

Cquartz leather protectant, white interior