Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long after a low 12v battery warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Droschke the tech that said mine said the older models are a lot of work.

Yup. He wasn't kidding. I never knew how hard it was since my only previous replacement was done at the SC and I didn't had a chance to observe it till this week.

What was the final cost?

$165 for the 12v
$80 for labor (at $200/hr)
Total $245 + Tax

Considering the 50 minutes of work he did, the $80 labor seems low.

some advantages, but too many disadvantages for me.
For me. the ohmmu on S requires shim on top to make it fully tied down and secure, the after two days, I got the dreaded low voltage, schedule to replace battery similar to 3/Y, and no response from them AT ALL. I just don’t want to go back to periodic to reset (definitely not going to reseat the wires). It’s a no go for me for something 2-3 times more expensive

The loaner I had while my car was being serviced suddenly popped up the warning and the car started going nuts. Tesla told me to bring the car in ASAP. I drove there and they put a new battery in. Catastrophic failure can and does occur. The warning should be taken seriously.

The loaner I had while my car was being serviced suddenly popped up the warning and the car started going nuts. Tesla told me to bring the car in ASAP. I drove there and they put a new battery in. Catastrophic failure can and does occur. The warning should be taken seriously.

Interesting that they had a new battery in stock. Usually that's not the case and the wait is weeks long.

:) Thanks for reminding me. I must have been reading another thread on the HV battery when I made the comment.

Very easy to cross the streams!! Doesn’t help that there’s both a HV and LV battery - both of which are radically different. :)

Wish they would stock HV batteries - one of each type would be nice.

Very easy to cross the streams!! Doesn’t help that there’s both a HV and LV battery - both of which are radically different. :)

Wish they would stock HV batteries - one of each type would be nice.
They ordered the new one in Fore Meyers, FL on Monday and had the new one the next Wednesday from Fremont. Most of the time in 3000+ miles of transit.