Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long can I hold my MY delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recieved the email for scheduling delivery for the arriving model Y but I didn't do that because I haven't sold my car yet. After few days my order status changed to "Your delivery is on hold". How long will it be like that before cancellation if I don't take any action? Can I delay it for few months?

Your answer to this question for yourself is in your motor vehicle purchase agreement document which is in your online account. No, you wont be able to hold it for months. Given how strict tesla has become recently on this type of thing, I will not be in the least bit surprised if you come back here saying "tesla canceled my order!"

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 21.32.38.png

Reactions: EV Obsession
Your answer to this question for yourself is in your motor vehicle purchase agreement document which is in your online account. No, you wont be able to hold it for months. Given how strict tesla has become recently on this type of thing, I will not be in the least bit surprised if you come back here saying "tesla canceled my order!"
Seems like it is 30 days according to the contract.

Seems like it is 30 days according to the contract.
Can you point me where I can find the contract? I have the Y’s EDD as 12/6-12/31 (no VIN yet). How can I put on hold once I get the VIN?

When I got the VIN of my M3RWD about a week ago, it didn’t show me option to put on hold. 3 days later, got a text about car is on the way to my local SC and I should expect to get a text to schedule delivery.

I looked at my M3RWD MVPA, it said if I don’t respond the notification or unable to take delivery within the specific period,
your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within fourteen (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

So, if tesla honors this agreement, does it mean I will have 14 days to take delivery from the time I received the first notification for delivery?

I will definitely check on the MYLR MVPA because it will be interesting to know / see if I get the notification, for example, on 12/19, and be able to take delivery on 1/2. But to be on the safe side, I hope I will get a delivery notification for MYLR after 12/25 :)

The MVPA (purchase agreement) wording will tell you how long you can put the VIN assignment on hold. Some say “…up to 30 days (later ones say up to 14 days, and recently up to 7 days). Can anyone who has put their order on hold tell us who decides how many of those days are allowed. Who decides, the customer or Tesla? If the MVPA says “…up to 30 days and the customer asks for a 30 day hold, can Tesla come back and say okay we’ll put it on hold for 20 days? Who decides how many days, them or you?

The MVPA (purchase agreement) wording will tell you how long you can put the VIN assignment on hold. Some say “…up to 30 days (later ones say up to 14 days, and recently up to 7 days). Can anyone who has put their order on hold tell us who decides how many of those days are allowed. Who decides, the customer or Tesla? If the MVPA says “…up to 30 days and the customer asks for a 30 day hold, can Tesla come back and say okay we’ll put it on hold for 20 days? Who decides how many days, them or you?
Regardless your clause is 7/14/30 days, you can only do one 7-day hold. Period. Cookie cutter and Tesla is arbitrary as they have been.

Seems like it's up to the advisor/rep you get in contact with. I requested via email a hold till 1/1/2023 back in late August, and the rep I was in contact with placed my order on hold until that date. I'm thinking it would be impossible to have a hold placed that long now.