TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How long does it take to activate Enhanced Autopilot?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Firewired, May 19, 2017.

1. Firewired

Firewired Member

I took delivery of a inventory vehicle last week that had HW2 on it, but was 4 software versions out of date, so pre-rollout of any of the autopilot functionality. I had pre-payed for the enhanced autopilot (EA), but when the software updated today, EA was not active on the car despite being payed for. The SC sent a message to Fremont to activate it. So for those that have activated EA after the fact how long did it take for it to update over the air?

Thanks.

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Varies. Soon. Never. Long time. Tonight. Now. Later.

3. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

There are soooo many variables it turns out, that it is hard to know for certain.

I bought my Model X on a Wednesday. On Monday, I asked at the service center whether all was OK, because I'd driven 1,700 miles and had the car for 5 days, yet nothing. Tuesday, my car advised that an update was ready to install, and all the magic came to me overnight.

The wait is hard, but don't worry.

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Even after the feature is activated, there may be a delay while the software is calibrating the sensors. Our new S 100D took about a day before the AP2 software would run.

5. ABVA

ABVA Member

Mine was about 50 miles before it activated. Once activated, both the car and driver keeps on getting better.