Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for referral credits to appear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a referral credit to order my Model Y yesterday. The page showed that the referral applied with the green checkmark. However the person who referred me checked their Tesla app and they did not see anything in their history showing that I ordered with their referral link.

I wish I had screenshot it that screen… is this normal? Maybe it’ll appear for them and myself when I take delivery?

Turns out because I already owned a Tesla previously, I don't qualify for referrals. However, previous/current owners are automatically enrolled in the loyalty program. Currently, the rewards are the same as the referral program, but the referrer loses out in this case.
Hi, by “Currently, the rewards are the same as the referral program” may I know if you mean we as the buyer will get the 10,000 points, or will we get the buyer’s benefits which would be free 3 months of FSD or something else offered at the time of referral? Thanks.

Hi, by “Currently, the rewards are the same as the referral program” may I know if you mean we as the buyer will get the 10,000 points, or will we get the buyer’s benefits which would be free 3 months of FSD or something else offered at the time of referral? Thanks.
At the time when I purchased (Dec 2023), the loyalty and referral bonuses were both 6 months free Supercharging and 3 months free FSD subscription.

Reactions: carlhy