Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long is the bed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I heard the bed is only 6 1/2 feet long. Is this correct? If it is, I would call that a fail. If the truck will not haul a 4 x 8 sheet of anything, that would be a problem.

By all other indications, it does look like it can fill the needs of a work and utility vehicle and kick ass to boot.

I thought I heard the bed is only 6 1/2 feet long. Is this correct? If it is, I would call that a fail. If the truck will not haul a 4 x 8 sheet of anything, that would be a problem.

By all other indications, it does look like it can fill the needs of a work and utility vehicle and kick ass to boot.
The standard for large pickup category is either 5.5 ft or 6.5 ft. That's true for all the big trucks you can think of from Ford and GM.
Yes, there is a 8 ft option, but the cabin where people sit is much much smaller and can only sit 2 people. So Tesla coming in at 6.5 ft is actually the largest bed you can buy from any manufacturer in the market with 5 or 6 seats.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic

Rectangular plywood sheets are so 2018. This bed is designed for triangular plywood only.