TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How long it takes for Model X to move through Production

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Brandon332, May 27, 2016.

1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Hi all, I've been told that our Model X will enter production on about June 20th. We have some trips planned for July, so to plan we were wondering how long people's Model X's have taken to go from entering production to being in transit? In other words, how fast are they moving through the production line? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much! :)

2. Peanuticus

Peanuticus Member

How long is a piece of string?

3. chloedog

chloedog Member

Mine took a week for production then another week for transit + qc checks and prep at the sc.

4. chloedog

chloedog Member

But I live a lot closer to the factory than you though. You're probably looking at an end of July delivery date when you factor in the 3-4 weeks of rail transit to make it to the east coast.

5. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

They said it will either be 10 or 20 days in transit depending on the available method at the time it's ready. So I'm just wondering about the production time so I can add it to the transit times :p

6. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Add some time for them to adjust the krowl settings on the Framitz arms, plus a day or two to dial in the quansit levels. Then somebody will call you and say, "your car's ready, when dahya wanna come get it? " oh happy day!

Oops, I forgot to put in the wink faces, or whatever;):eek:o_O

• Funny x 1
  7. Hengist

Hengist Member

For Model S it is quite short. Ask your DC for the projected "end of line" date, which is much more interesting than start of line.