TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many bring your dog in the car?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JoeMartin, Jul 9, 2019.

?

Do you bring your dog in your Tesla?

1. Yes

87.7%
  2. No

12.3%
  1. JayyyDeee

JayyyDeee Member

My dog used to ride in the trunk... Sadly he passed away 2 months ago.

• Love x 1
  2. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

IMG_20170618_131758.jpg

• Love x 1
  3. GreenT

GreenT Member

Do any of us ever wonder why humans average life expectancy is now > 80, yet dogs are < 15.

I think they deserve it to be the other way 'round.

• Like x 4
  4. davidada

davidada Member

My dog loves the dog mode here in Portugal .- I think a great update would be the option to change dog mode screen to reflect the country you are in.
    Just a thought I wonder if I change the system language it will reflect that in dog mode

5. f205v

f205v Member

Yes, it changes with the system language.

• Informative x 1
  6. JoeMartin

JoeMartin Member

He's half GSD, half Husky. Yours is absolutely beautiful.

7. Lucky_Man

Lucky_Man Supporting Member

This is the one we use. The best feature is the 2 zippers on the front part. These allow us to hook it onto the front seat headrests and leave the center hang down, which allows the cool air coming from the vent in the MS center console to help keep the back cool.

Plush Paws Products® Waterproof Cargo Liner XL Black

It's a chore to get the hair off after a trip, especially the fine ones that embed into the weave of the material (600 denier). Still exploring solutions for this so any suggestions are very welcome.

Props to JoeMartin for starting this great thread!

8. IslandHydro

IslandHydro Member

I saw a coffee mug today that had the following on it:

"Be the person your dog thinks you are"

I aspire to be that person..

• Like x 1
  9. Jae001

Jae001 Member

I love all the dog pics!!!

• Like x 1
  10. Jae001

Jae001 Member

Too cute!!

11. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

So sorry for your loss :(

• Helpful x 1
  12. Nauti-Boy

Nauti-Boy Member

I take Ping Pong every where I go now that there is a dog mode. He wears a little seatbelt on the passenger side when I am driving. Love the dog mode.

Attached Files:

13. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

For some reason, my Golden prefers riding in my X to my previous Grand Cherokee. He relaxes more and simply curls up the the way back. He loves his Supercharger stops and leaps into the back area in a single bound.

Think it may be the quiet of the Electric Drive or something, but he sure is peaceful back there.

• Love x 1
  14. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

DADAA6D9-098B-4252-BD06-632DABDA05F0.jpeg 5D7351F5-5B35-475A-ACD2-77EBC4D389D0.jpeg Wanted to see if Yoyo could drive on auto pilot. Normally sits with the wife though. Lulu usually sits in back. Both love the Tesla and dog mode

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

IMG_3402.jpg IMG_2547.jpg IMG_3402.jpg IMG_2553.JPG

• Love x 2
  16. gigawatt1010

gigawatt1010 Member

Thanks @JoeMartin - we had him since he was 8 weeks old and he’s grown to be this gentle giant with an awesome temperament. All the kids in the neighborhood loves him and he loves playing with them. But one time, some of the kids were horsing around and accidentally bumped into my daughter, he was quick to give them a quick warning bark.

We've been wanting to get a white GSD and name him Loki, Thor's brother, but I just can't commit to two giant, furball-shedding creatures right now. LOL

Thanks for starting this thread.

17. BrainCandy

BrainCandy Member

My little pup loves her elevated car seat. She's about 20 lbs so this booster seat is just the right size for her. She loves the extra visibility out the windows and I feel better knowing that she's strapped in securely. The seat gets strapped in with the seat belt, and her harness gets attached to the seat belt with a short leader line.

Seat: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000634MXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Harness: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013B3WG40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Love x 1
  18. vexige

vexige Member

This is Goga, 4yo BRT. Loves riding! To the point when we cannot pronounce the word "car" because he gets so excited, he thrashes everything around. Once in the car, quietly lies on the back seat (which is very helpful considering his size) and stays quiet for hours.

IMG_20190713_134033.jpg IMG_20190713_134130.jpg

• Love x 3
  19. davidada

davidada Member

Lovely he reminds me of my past beloved Bouvier de Flanders, my M3 is named after her : Obi

• Like x 1
  20. vexige

vexige Member

Yes, they look similar. BRT-s are a bit larger, Goga is 33.5" tall and weighs ~150 lbs