TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many FOBs for a CPO Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rafacq, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rafacq

rafacq Member

I have been reading some stories in the Forum and see that some people are only getting one FOB for their CPO purchases. Does anyone know if that is OK? Shouldn't every car, new or used be delivered with 2 FOB's?

2. vpblur

vpblur Member

I picked up my 'PO' yesterday and only had one fob but I asked about a second and they are generating a due bill for the second and a mobile service (ranger?) is going to sort it for me.

So stick to your guns and get two. I think they cost ~$180 from what I heard.

3. ASMills85

ASMills85 Member

I got one FOB with my CPO. When I asked about it, the guy shrugged and said they all came that way. I didn’t push the issue then, but I should have.

When I had my car in for service I mentioned that my car only came with a single FOB and they took care of it right away.

4. Jkaufm32

Jkaufm32 Member

Before I purchased my car there was a picture of 2 FOBs in the set of pictures Tesla sent me. I also confirmed with them that it was coming with 2 FOBs before I picked up the car.

5. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Yes, the car should come with two key fobs; why accept it with only one?

6. beefster

beefster Member

On my listing that I just bought, it had a picture of 2 fobs and when I picked it up, it also came with 2 fobs. 2 fobs should be expected for a Tesla being sold through a Tesla dealer even if it is used so I would stick with your guns.