Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many here actually use the Summon feature on an "almost" daily basis?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model X100D. I have used it a few times, mainly to play around. I did have to learn parking this car into my tight garage opening. I did find that the summon feature actually is able to align the car a little bit better by doing some small automatic maneuvering.

How many here actually use the Summon feature on an "almost" daily basis not just to show people how cool the feature it.

For the people that use it on an almost daily basis, have you felt anytime that the car might hit the garage or something else while coming out?
I use it daily to park in a tight garage and have 2 instances of breaking the side view mirror when the Model X moves too close one side usually the passenger side I have been able to stop it in time on the driver side because i am usually standing on the driver side.

How many here actually use the Summon feature on an "almost" daily basis not just to show people how cool the feature it.

For the people that use it on an almost daily basis, have you felt anytime that the car might hit the garage or something else while coming out?

Can't use it. My garage requires the left side of the car to be close to the door frame and the car always stops itself because it's too stupid to know it has clearance.

Best use for summons for me is when I can't visually tell how far I should park head in. I have my MX set to low suspension and there are some parking spaces with some rather tall stops or curbs. I get out and use summon to move that last ft or so. I once had somebody in a Mercedes SL that watched me do it and she said she really needed that feature for her car. Lots of scrapes on her front car skirt.