Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles did your original Factory OEM tire last before replacing? (Miles/Wheel Type/ Size/ Tire Brand)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree too many variables. This is a fairly heavy EV with a lot of HP and Torque. Generally speaking these vehicles will be harder on tires then a 200 hp FWD ICE that weighs less.

Then of course the big variable is how aggressive you drive it.

Hmm… my 19” OEM Continentals are at 5/32”, and just shy of 10K miles. I’m doubting that I will make it to the next tire rotation. I don’t think I’m that hot off the starting line. I can say that most of my miles are local traffic with lots of start/stops, which is probably a big factor. I see lots of threads here from people looking for better comfort from their tires. Personally, I will be prioritizing longevity in my next set. I really dislike the hassle of changing tires.

Just had to replace the rear Continental OEM tires on my 2021 Model Y SR at 27K miles. They were at 4/32. Still have a few thousand miles left on the front. Paid $900 all for the replacements at America’s Tire in Pasadena

22,000 miles on my 19" OEM Continental ProContact RX tires. Replaced with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus. Wanted to go with Michelin CrossClimate2 tires but when they were installed they vibrated over 60mph despite 3 balancings.

40K+ on Vredestein Quatrac Pros in the front - 5/32nds and still going
Got ~32K on Vredestein Quatrac Pros in the rear before they needed to be replaced

Tire noise hasn't perceptively changed from new.

Since the front/rear motors are separate, I didn't worry about newer tires in the rear vs. the front.

I put about 18-20k miles on the OEM Goodyears they were measuring at just shy of 5mm but I didn't want to pay to mount them, and then have to pay to mount new tires in a couple of months so I have those in my garage and installed new Continentals 245 45 20 which match my winter Vredsteins 245 45 20s. Obviously faster than ICE cars but the amount of cash I've saved on gas I don't care to get a new set of tires every 18 months or so.

Okay, I'll bite... My original 19" Conti's went about 31k+ miles before I changed them. Would I push it this far? hell no. My 2WD Tundra was handling better in the wet. than this thing. I would say I went about 10k to far. Noticeable difference when I swapped them out in the wet. On dry, they were okay.

I have a 2021 LR

Good to know, thanks guys. Does Tesla tell you to rotate the tires? I'm at 9k miles on my 23 MYLR so I haven't done service anything yet

Actually, I wouldn't waste your time getting tires rotated....atmost it will probably give you 1000-2000 more miles on the tires for a Tesla. The weight distribution front to back is nearly even...45% front 55% rear....also, active air suspension will cause the tires to wear differently all the time based on speed

Actually, I wouldn't waste your time getting tires rotated....atmost it will probably give you 1000-2000 more miles on the tires for a Tesla. The weight distribution front to back is nearly even...45% front 55% rear....also, active air suspension will cause the tires to wear differently all the time based on speed

These cars don’t have air suspension. And you should absolutely rotate your tires to increase their lifespan; it’s about much more than weight. I got another ~10K out of my Model 3’s tires because I rotated them.

These cars don’t have air suspension. And you should absolutely rotate your tires to increase their lifespan; it’s about much more than weight. I got another ~10K out of my Model 3’s tires because I rotated them.
Not on these Tesla....lol... a waste of time and money.

I have a Tesla Model S RWD 75k, 117k miles....gone through 5 sets of tires, 2 of which I tried rotation. Still needed new tires every 20k miles. This is even with the chill mode acceleration turned on too.

Tire rotation will work with ICE cars. But, I don't believe you will even get over 25k miles with a 50k-60k mile warranty on the Tesla.