Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles on your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 25,000 miles after 20 Months. "A" pack shows 230 Miles rated at 90%.
805061b3b175a3d09613ab64b6994dde.jpg

I have just over 70k miles. In the first nine months with the car it spent ~9 weeks in service, so I should have many more miles. Worst for me was after they installed the titanium shield, they didn't tighten a bolt properly, and while getting on the highway a few months later a bracket came loose and fell loose (not off) but started to scrape the ground and make a hell of a racket. Thought I drove over something until I looked under the car. That required a tow and a few days service. Second worst would have been when the batter pack died, and my car was in a parking garage. Missed several meetings that day.

Of the people with high miles, would be interesting to hear what the worst issue they have had with the car (requiring service, regardless of warranty coverage).
Charger and charge port were replaced shortly after I got the car. Nothing else of significance at 58K miles.

Of the people with high miles, would be interesting to hear what the worst issue they have had with the car (requiring service, regardless of warranty coverage).

I have a little over 61,000 miles on the car now. The major problems I had were a drive unit that started making the droning / milling noise (replaced at 18,000 miles) and a main contactor that failed during a road trip at 30,000 miles (had the entire 85 kWh pack replaced). All four original door handles have also been replaced at this point. The full repair list is pretty long (all the way down to a dead spider in the tail light), but the majority of problems were minor and fixed in mid to late 2013.

I have a little over 61,000 miles on the car now. The major problems I had were a drive unit that started making the droning / milling noise (replaced at 18,000 miles) and a main contactor that failed during a road trip at 30,000 miles (had the entire 85 kWh pack replaced). All four original door handles have also been replaced at this point. The full repair list is pretty long (all the way down to a dead spider in the tail light), but the majority of problems were minor and fixed in mid to late 2013.
Yikes! Any reason to believe these types of things are happening with newer cars?