Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not 12 months, right?
No, but recall my 12 months out qualifier; that was "real deliveries (not "real customers 🤣)," so lets see when a regular person gets invited to configure a non scalper's priced Founder's Edition Cybertruck - meaning, a regular AWD. We already know the RWD is 12+ months away, per Tesla, so that's no longer in doubt. There are already threads and posts in SM that state only Founder Edition vehicles will deliver in 2024, as Tesla ramp will be slow. Is that true? Who knows....

Last edited:
No, but recall my 12 months out qualifier; that was "real deliveries (not "real customers 🤣)," so lets see when a regular person gets invited to configure a non scalper's priced Founder's Edition Cybertruck - meaning, a regular AWD. We already know the RWD is 12+ months away, per Tesla, so that's no longer in doubt. There are already threads and posts in SM that state only Founder Edition vehicles will deliver in 2024, as Tesla ramp will be slow. Is that true? Who knows....
Someone said Fall 2025 for the RWD.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I
Just attached the article, didn’t say anything for or against it. Readers can decide for themselves, as you have. To each! 🥂

And it’s not a tweet, but rather an “X” post.. 🫣
No worries. No one is accusing you of anything; your intention has been clear for some time now. At worst, you’re just a messenger. Hope you’re getting some compensation for all the trolling you do here.

Last edited:
Speaking of facts, not sure if I buy everything that Sandy Monroe says in the latest vid with Elon.

For instance, MB has rear wheel steering for years. He made it sound like a CT invention.
Munro is a paid consultant and everything he says should be viewed through that lens. Chevy has had 4WS for decades and the Hummer EV comes with it now.
Actually - per a recent video that I saw - oddly enough you can also switch gears up on the overhead console. Go figure. :)

View attachment 996979
It's the same as the Refresh S/X. It's only there in case the big screen dies or locks up. It is painfully slow to use regularly. You have to hold the "button" down for a long time before it will shift.
I didn't think FSD worked on the CT yet?
As mentioned by others. VTH.

An X is something that just doesn't work where our campground is and it just sits there 100kwh of battery doing nothing.
The Lightning has had V2H since the beginning. For campground use it has a 7.2kW inverter, larger battery than the CT, and in the lower trims has a much more "robust" interior than a CT. Yes, it's another year before it can use the SC network but it will be longer than that before you get a CT.

Munro is a paid consultant and everything he says should be viewed through that lens. Chevy has had 4WS for decades and the Hummer EV comes with it now.

It's the same as the Refresh S/X. It's only there in case the big screen dies or locks up. It is painfully slow to use regularly. You have to hold the "button" down for a long time before it will shift.

The Lightning has had V2H since the beginning. For campground use it has a 7.2kW inverter, larger battery than the CT, and in the lower trims has a much more "robust" interior than a CT. Yes, it's another year before it can use the SC network but it will be longer than that before you get a CT.
Which one have you personal ownership experience…or are you simply trolling? I don’t care either way; just want to gauge how much time to waste on you.

• Disagree
Reactions: FLRifleman
Which one have you personal ownership experience…or are you simply trolling? I don’t care either way; just want to gauge how much time to waste on you.
You can see in my signature that I have owned a variety of Teslas for the past 13 years as well as a Volvo EV for ~6 months while waiting on my MXP. You've been here....let's see....7 weeks? Um, ok, yeah. I've literally been on this board for 13 years longer than you have.

I have test driven a Lightning and liked it. It "just works" and my wife really liked the trailer assist feature (she hates backing our boat trailer down the ramp). Unfortunately, Ford "Osborned" the current Lightning by talking up how great V2 will be since they will be building much more of it in-house vs piecing things together like they did for the current model. So I am holding off to see what the next model looks like. I also don't NEED a truck as our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel works just fine and hauls anything we need it to including hay, feed, wife's horse trailer, the boat, etc.

That being said, the current F-150 model has effectively identical specs to the CT which honestly is pretty embarrassing for Tesla. Where is the efficiency? Where are the cost savings? Tesla has all of this experience yet they can't do better than Ford that is simply a collection of parts from 3rd parties.

How would a test drive be any indicative of ownership experience when assessing a product that’s backed by an ecosystem? Do you test smartphone the same way…by making calls?

Try to reconcile today’s news on Lightning’s production with your insightful assessment.

FSD, and some say TACC as well, are a TBD item. The confusion comes as Tesla's having customers for FSD at delivery, even though they are not delivering it. “Coming soon”…. 😆

Reactions: TessP100D
How would a test drive be any indicative of ownership experience when assessing a product that’s backed by an ecosystem? Do you test smartphone the same way…by making calls?

Try to reconcile today’s news on Lightning’s production with your insightful assessment.

Todays news on Lightnings Production is nothing new and expected considering they will be announcing the T3 in 2024 as a 2025 model.

The ownership experience of my Lightning has been great as has the ownership experience of my Model 3. The “Ecosystem” is overrated.

Or maybe Ford is just building more ICE 🤔

Last edited:
So, just watched the Monroe deep dive vid with the 5 Tesla execs.

One thing I will say is they were all more relaxed and confident than their counterparts on either Autonomy or Battery Day.

It is just possible that while Elon was away playing with Twitter, these guys got some "HardCore" engineering done.

I don't expect to see the CT replace the F150, but as a compelling off road or UAV* might have a substantial niche market there. Key to success will be if quality and delivery goals are met.

*Urban Assault Vehicle

FSD, and some say TACC as well, are a TBD item. The confusion comes as Tesla's having customers for FSD at delivery, even though they are not delivering it. “Coming soon”…. 😆
I know we saw a couple of videos/screenshots of CTs with v12 - so perhaps that is why it's still "coming soon" to this platform. V12 isn't ready for public consumption just yet. I believe it's been released to Tesla employees at this point in time?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc

If you're referring to the "record F150L sales" news, let's put some context around it. Originally Ford expected to be selling well over 150k F150Ls in 2024, now they are planning for ~80-90k in 2024. They have cut back on F150L production twice in the past six months due to slack demand. That's the macro assessment - regardless of the marketing hype of recent - which makes sense given Ford is trying to sell as many F150Ls as possible between now and T3.