Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we saw a couple of videos/screenshots of CTs with v12 - so perhaps that is why it's still "coming soon" to this platform. V12 isn't ready for public consumption just yet. I believe it's been released to Tesla employees at this point in time?
No, the "V12" is the UI release, not the FSD version. The truck is shipping less FSD (and rumored no TACC either), even though Early Adopter ("EA") customers pay for FSD up front - the full $12,000 it seems, even if they were an early reservationist and "locked in FSD at $5000". "BOHICA, EA...." = Tesla

I think the FSD prohibition in delivering vehicles is because of the new/extra cameras and geometry of their new placement/locations.

FSD, and some say TACC as well, are a TBD item. The confusion comes as Tesla's having customers for FSD at delivery, even though they are not delivering it. “Coming soon”…. 😆
FSD is The Big Fraud. Can you imagine paying for something 10 years ago, and still, it getting it. You sold your car and they would not transfer it. So you lost your money because you believed the Big Fraud. Wow that sucks.

FSD is The Big Fraud. Can you imagine paying for something 10 years ago, and still, it getting it. You sold your car and they would not transfer it. So you lost your money because you believed the Big Fraud. Wow that sucks.
Of course it is. And those who did as you say, didn't learn - when they bought their next Tesla, they bought FSD again (as he looks in the mirror), but wouldn't do it a third time....

Last edited:
To anyone considering a 12k FSD purchase - you can subscribe to FSD for $200/month instead - that's 12k/200=60 months - chances are you'll have moved on to another vehicle by that point in time - especially considering the FSD stays with the vehicle itself. Unless you're the type of keep vehicles for a long time, it's never worth purchasing FSD outright any longer given the price has increased so much over the past few years.

To anyone considering a 12k FSD purchase - you can subscribe to FSD for $200/month instead - that's 12k/200=60 months - chances are you'll have moved on to another vehicle by that point in time - especially considering the FSD stays with the vehicle itself. Unless you're the type of keep vehicles for a long time, it's never worth purchasing FSD outright any longer given the price has increased so much over the past few years.

Good advice. If I may add, one could easily subscribe at $200/month for a lot longer than 5 years because you are not required to subscribe continuously. You could get it for only the months you think you might need it, thereby stretching the same $12,000 over a period longer than 60 months. Furthermore, the $12K purchase with the car makes even less sense if you're paying cash, or even if you're financing at today's interest rates.

Not to cloud anyone's judgement with my experience, but I subscribed it for a couple of months, swore I would never want it in my car, tried it again a few months later, and found it still not worth it to me in its current state. I may change my mind if the changes over time actually improve it, but if that is more than 5 years from now (there is only so much kludgy software can do if the car doesn't have any useful sensors), then the FSD would have cost me less than $1000 over 5 years.

To bring it back to the CT topic, I have never driven such a big truck so I truly hope that FSD begins to work sooner than 5 years -- fingers crossed !

Last edited:
Im sorry but I remember back in 2017, the Tesla Rep telling me how great it was going to and only 2,500 if I pay now. My simple practical brain kicked in and say… are you kidding me …
I'm glad I bought it on distress sale in '19 Q1. Use it 95% of the time.

I'll have to think about it with CT. Will they honor the old price... Otherwise subscription seems better.

Of course if it becomes a reality they will jack up the price.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Im sorry but I remember back in 2017, the Tesla Rep telling me how great it was going to and only 2,500 if I pay now. My simple practical brain kicked in and say… are you kidding me …
Wish my brain kicked in like that back in 2019 and 2021! Took until 2023 for the fanboy fog to lift. I can see clearly now (the rain is gone…)

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D