Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently 'roaming' in Europe. Completed 600 miles, in almost a week, zero connectivity loss. So definitely a UK Network provider issue... Shame.

By the way AP/EAP works so much better in LHD countries too...

Logged in to say the same thing. Drove to Disney and back in the space of a few days, didn't have a single drop, back in the UK for a few minutes and signal started dropping once more.

Like others, started for dropping for me in early November. Signal blackspots where there definitely weren't blackspots before.

I thought the latest software might have fixed it but alas just had a whole journey with 'no traffic information'. Mine seems to be that once it loses signal in a genuine blackspot it can't recover or reconnect. Well that is my estimation anyway.

Are you guys just logging it as a Service request, and under what category?

Reactions: Ian James
Logged over Christmas and just had this response from Tesla:

Uh...all the time/everywhere?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_085757_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_085757_Tesla.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 62
Logged over Christmas and just had this response from Tesla:

Uh...all the time/everywhere?
Tesla virtual service aren’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. I logged another service request after my recent journey, with all the information only to be responded to by the same request!

Attachments

• IMG_0264.png
    IMG_0264.png
    406.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0263.png
    IMG_0263.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0262.png
    IMG_0262.png
    805.7 KB · Views: 32
I reported it and was impressed with the speed of the response, a couple of weeks ago. But of course no answers other than vague third party mast issues.

I drove 6 miles out and back this morning, fine all the way there but lost connectivity coming back on the other side of the same dual carriageway! Must have been using same mast each way? I tend to dip in and out with the subscription and with no long journeys planned for a while, have cancelled renewal due early January. Maybe voting with out feet might help where it suits.

Reactions: Ian James
This was discussed way back in February with Spotify and map data issues, its not a recent thing.

Personally, I gave up raising tickets and speaking with Tesla as they wouldnt progress without accurate timestamps and photos of the issue. Initially i provided the requested data but id just get requests for more data, or perform a steering wheel reset, or take the car to a service centre who can only do a reset which may or may not fix the issue!

Clearly no progress has been made.