Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people had perfect Model 3's delivered?

My car was delivered:

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was perfect enough. I later found one shallow 1 inch scratch on the back glass above the trunk, not worth worrying about, other than that it was perfect. I reserved in May 2016, I actually ordered it on-line Dec 29, 2018, the paperwork and the loan was done by Tesla, a group drove up and delivered to my house (and some others) on Dec 30. Excellent car buy experience.

Near enough. If I hadn’t been reading forums, I'd have said totally perfect. But after all the reading I looked so close that I found an irrelevant panel gap — the kind of thing you don’t find unless specifically looking for it. So I voted perfect. :)

This is going to depend on how anal you are.

99% of people who look at my car will think its perfect. But in reality there are 2 paint blemishes on the hood that you have to be at the right angle to notice. The rear taillights are also off, the left sticks out about 1/4" and the right one is indented by around 4mm. There was also a polish circle on the right fender where the clear coat was noticeably hazy.

I didn't want to repaint the hood, had mobile service order me a new tail light, and the polish circle buffed out with wax/ceramic coat.

Mine was Perfect Miramar San Diego Location, seems I knew more then the sales rep, so he have me the short delivery speech as to how to carefully close the Frunk and how to use the steering wheel controls and navigate. No scratches car has been running great.

Fred

When I got my 3 a year ago, the local SC was delivering some 3's, but not very many, like today. So they were able to take more time with mine. I never found any paint flaws.

I'm sure if one of the "panel-gappers" came to look at my car, they'd find something to whine about. But I've never noticed any gap problems.

I have an early RWD LR, with VIN < 5000. I am very happy with the quality, with only some very minor trim misalignments, nothing that needed fixing in my opinion.

Your poll could be interpreted to be asking if the car itself was perfect, or if the delivery experience was perfect. There is a big difference. My car was great. The delivery experience was disorganized. Often people vent frustration because of the lack or organization of the process itself rather than anything being wrong with the car.