Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying this setting: Display, energy saving, always connected. So far it hasn't failed where it has before.

Attachments

• 17112751236634598821595684468833.jpg
    17112751236634598821595684468833.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Informative
Reactions: drl120 and thax1
Just an observation. Motorway driving on M25 and M3 at night or very early morning( fewer Tesla’s on the network??) no losses of connectivity at all. Same trip during the day, connectivity drops out at least twice. Anyone else noticed this? How are others getting on?

I raised another service request on it last month as it was 4 months from when it started happening, and the same response from the remote engineers. I asked for this to be escalated and i did actually receive a call from his manager, and explained in a bit more detail but still with no ETA on this. I also requetsed to be kept updated as that is the most frustrating thing as we dont know whats going on until the update is received. Everyone hoped the most recent update would cure it, but no that did not include the fix for it.

I can see htis going on a lot longer to be honest. It did also get me thinking, as we have trouble with our personal mobile signal in our area. We are with Sky mobile, which i beleive runs off the O2 network and mobile data is dreadful. However my work phone runs on EE (which the Tesla network is meant to be on) and the mobile signal with three is flawless. so if there is an issue i would have thought that my work phone would be worse off, but it isnt. all oddities but still doesnt help the fact that the car drops all the time and needs two wheel reset to resolve it for the short period.

Reactions: SA321
Model S 85 2015. I thought it might be antenna cable which broke after years of folding mirrors. Pulled liner off and connected different LTE antenna - no difference. I struggle to find any pattern. LTE symbol always has at least 2 bars but no traffic is coming through. FW2022.8.10.17

In general on my car, connectivity is way better than it was back in late Dec/early Jan, but it’s still suffering from random drops outs. I’ve noticed several times that connectivity can be lost even when the car is showing 3 or 4 bars of LTE signal. It all smells of mobile network problems to me. Do we know who Tesla are using in the UK these days?

I've just returned after a 500 mile road trip to and around Cornwall and according to TeslaFi my data connectivity was 100%, except on a couple of drives when it dipped to around 95%, but given all the hills, etc. in Cornwall, I think my connectivity is as good as it gets.
Overall, by miles covered conectivity would be over 99.9% for the whole trip!

After the problems had pretty well gone away, and after updating to 2024.8.7 on Thursday evening, they came back on Friday. Fortunately, and unusually, I had a passenger in the car who was able to take a couple of pictures - Tesla had bounced my service request because I couldn't provide any when, where and pictures - so I am pondering whether to raise another service ticket.

It seems to have got worse lately. I don't do a lot of driving but it's happened 8 times in the last 3 weeks. So I raised another service request to keep the pressure on Tesla to fix it. If anyone else uses TeslaMate, that's a really easy way to see when data connectivity is lost. If you view each of your drives one by one, you'll spot when the data suddenly stops before the end of the journey. It allows you to get the exact time which could be useful for the engineers.

It seems to have got worse lately. I don't do a lot of driving but it's happened 8 times in the last 3 weeks. So I raised another service request to keep the pressure on Tesla to fix it. If anyone else uses TeslaMate, that's a really easy way to see when data connectivity is lost. If you view each of your drives one by one, you'll spot when the data suddenly stops before the end of the journey. It allows you to get the exact time which could be useful for the engineers.
what is TeslaMate? im keen to try this. thank you.

My 2018 MCU1 Model S running 2022.8.10.17 is still playing up. Switching between LTE and hotspot on my phone and then back to LTE reconnects it though. I’ll get some time/date stamps and raise another service request as has been suggested.
Exactly the same for me (same car, same problem, same version). It seems the car gets into a state where it simply can not reconnect to the mobile network. This can last multiple days without any connection in known good areas with good reported signal strength. Only way is to either reboot the car or setup a temporary hotspot, wait for data to flow and then dismantle the hotspot. It actually seems to be much worse over the last couple of months, with disconnections now most days. Before this it would only be very occasional.