Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people ordered P90D w/ black Onix wheel did not get a vin yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check "MYTESLA" page today, and changes: The PDF link for the operating manual was present and my status change to Production Que, from Confirmed. I have the Black Onyx wheels and was glad to see movement. Two weeks ago, I changed the exterior and interior colors, and the new Design has updated. I haven't received a new Buyers Agreement yet, but the configuration is correct. I realize now it's only been a 6 weeks since Confirmed, to good to know I am not forgotten. :smile:

There may be some hope of movement. Logged in to my tesla account today and my car went from being confirmed to "in production"!!!! Hope this means the process has started!!! Wondering if anyone else with

does it say "in production" or "entered the factory production queue"? If it is the later, then the status of your car has not changed. This is the new wording for 'confirmed'.

Check "MYTESLA" page today, and changes: The PDF link for the operating manual was present and my status change to Production Que, from Confirmed. I have the Black Onyx wheels and was glad to see movement. Two weeks ago, I changed the exterior and interior colors, and the new Design has updated. I haven't received a new Buyers Agreement yet, but the configuration is correct. I realize now it's only been a 6 weeks since Confirmed, to good to know I am not forgotten. :smile:

That's good to hear. Whe did you finalize your order?

What I think happened was Tesla originally did not anticipate a delay with the 22" Onyx wheels, so they issued VINs for those vehicles for a couple weeks. Near the end of December they must have realized they could not deliver the Onyx wheels on-time, so they stopped issuing VINs for them. However, those who confirmed early were left in limbo by already having a VIN for a car that was not buildable. It would not surprise me if those early VINs are reassigned by the time they are built since by then they will be extremely far out of sequence.

They won't reassign. It happened with the S; a car was built 6 months out of sequence.

Just got my VIN a few hours ago...

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package

Just noticed my VIN was assigned as well.
Confirmed 12/28/16, P90DL with Onyx Wheels, VIN in the 1200's.
I hope this is good news for us Onyx Wheel folks!

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed my VIN as well.
Configured 12/28/16 P90DL with Onyx Wheels, VIN in the 1200's.