Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Times Do You Check?

I check my Tesla account for updates

• Rarely. I just wait for a text, e-mail, or call from Tesla

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Every couple days

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Once a day

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • 2-3 times a day

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • 5 times a day

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • My Account is bookmarked and I refresh the page every time I look at my phone. I have a problem.

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in Nov 2019. White, LR, AWD, FSD. Got a text in March asking if I wanted to delay. I responded to delay until Sept 21, 2020. Crickets since then.
I check for my hidden VIN everyday, sometimes twice.

I've set up my charging
I've arranged for PPF
I've got my delivery checklist printed

I assuage my impatience by bookmarking all the mats, console wraps, etc. etc. etc. that I want to get and follow the discussions here and elsewhere.

Any day now.....

I am not sure if this is how I received my communication, but it was ALL done via TEXT. The account order page NEVER updated until I scheduled my delivery, which was received via TEXT. They told me once I received my first test indicating delivery in XXX weeks that shows the car is about to be made. Once your car is made and a VIN assisnged, your MVPA will show up in your account. He told me this then meant the car was waiting for a pickup from CA. As soon as it is picked up, you get the text asking to schedule delivery. My Tesla was so helpful that even though I had to scheduled a time via text, I called and they moved me to a day earlier actually BEFORE the store opens at 10....

My suggestion is to have a friendly convo with a Tesla employee at a store as they did show me the screen and the visibility of the order.

I ordered in Nov 2019. White, LR, AWD, FSD. Got a text in March asking if I wanted to delay. I responded to delay until Sept 21, 2020. Crickets since then.
I check for my hidden VIN everyday, sometimes twice.

I've set up my charging
I've arranged for PPF
I've got my delivery checklist printed

I assuage my impatience by bookmarking all the mats, console wraps, etc. etc. etc. that I want to get and follow the discussions here and elsewhere.

Any day now.....
Yeah same here haha. Here's all I've purchased so far:

1. Upgraded our house's main electric panel
2. Installed 14-50 outlet in garage
3. Purchased and installed mobile connector with 14-50 adapter
4. Screen protector
5. Windshield sunshade
6. Micro SD card and USB adapter (dash cam)
7. Center console wrap

Just waiting for WeatherTech to release a rear cargo mat. I know there's other brands, but I've always used WeatherTech for my past cars.

Reactions: durjosep
THIS! Although I get Tesla’s decision to put California customers last, it’s BS. I wish my SA was a bit more forthcoming with this. I can’t even check the tracker anymore, seeing people across the country place orders a week ago and receiving their delivery dates for next week makes me hate the brand.

If they had competition I would be looking elsewhere, unfortunately they realize they can do whatever they want and we will just take it.
Do you not understand that delivery logistics for such high cost deliverables across long distances means you cannot do FIFO order to delivery without a massive hit to profits? You think this is different than other car manufacturers?

Reactions: LNL_HUTZ
Do you not understand that delivery logistics for such high cost deliverables across long distances means you cannot do FIFO order to delivery without a massive hit to profits? You think this is different than other car manufacturers?

Yes, I should have clarified that I think the lack of visibility is unacceptable. I get planning logistically to meet financial goals. FIFO may not be possible, I get it. But if they could provide ANY insight to production planning to customers it would be a thousand times better than the current process..because there literally is NO process. I’m sorry but “we have no visibility until a vin has been assigned” is not acceptable for the amount of money these cars cost.

I do, but I think

Reactions: CO_MY
I get excited waiting for the weekly text telling me how long I have to wait. It hasn't come today as expected and I'm devastated.

I got my text today advising 2-4 weeks. It was 2-5 weeks just 2 weeks ago. Will the next one due in 2 weeks say 2-3 weeks? (Would prefer a delivery text, of course!) I feel like there should be a bookie putting odds on these time frames. :)

• Funny
Reactions: WhyYesPlease