Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much are you planning to spend?

How much are you planning to spend on your M3 before incentives?

• $35,000

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • $35,001-$40,000

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • $40,001-$45,000

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • $45,001-$50,000

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • $50,001-$55,000

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • $55,001-$60,000

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • $60,001-$65,000

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • $65,001-$70,000

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • >$70,001

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think lots of people aren't taking the air suspension because it's expensive to repair if it fails out of warranty.

Let's face it, whether you buy a Lexus or a Tesla, what isn't expensive to repair? With excellent build and QC, all parts of an expensive, well-maintained car that isn't abused, should last well after the warranty period - no? We're not talking Yugo here. You all remember Yugo - right?

I want to keep it under 45k, preferably at 40k if the options aren't too expensive.

Needs:
Autopilot
Supercharging
Any paint color other than standard black or white

Wants:
Battery Upgrade
Cobalt blue paint (that blue is magnificent).
Center roof fixed glass (if it's not standard)

Nice to have but don't really care about:
Dual motors / Ludicrous mode
Premium Sound
Sunroof option

- Ludicrous (I can dream but my wife would probably kill me)

I wanted to add that as well, but I think I'll have enough of a fight trying to get Performance included :D

I think lots of people aren't taking the air suspension because it's expensive to repair if it fails out of warranty.

That's one reason for me, the other is I just don't see enough of a benefit. A good standard suspension will be just fine for me.

I wanted to add that as well, but I think I'll have enough of a fight trying to get Performance included :D

That's one reason for me, the other is I just don't see enough of a benefit. A good standard suspension will be just fine for me.
Yes but not low to the ground en less sporty looking becouse of the gap between the car and the wheels.

Full AP
SC-enabled
Maximum range
Figure the above will run $45K.

Allowing $6K for tax, registration, and doc fee, $2250 to move the Reus Audio components, dashcams and radar detector, $1250 for tint including the windshield, and probably $1K for paint correction and protection (with the hope to halve those last 2 numbers).

Deduct the $10K in tax credit and CA rebate, and that's all of $45K net TCO before annual services, insurance, tires, windshield washer fluid, and ESA cost.

I don't need a car, where I live, but my choice would be:

Need:
  1. Supercharger access
  2. Bioweapon Defense Mode
Want:
  1. Accessory hitch (mountain bike)
  2. Large capacity battery
  3. AWD
  4. Autopilot
  5. Subzero package
  6. Fixed glass roof
  7. High amperage charger
Maybe (probably not)
  1. Towing package with required air-suspension
  2. Opening sun-roof
  3. Leather seats
Definitely not:
  1. Premium paint
  2. Larger rims
  3. Premium audio
  4. Performance options
  5. Adjustable spoiler

Last edited:
Short answer: I'm willing to pay whatever the cost will be for the fully upgraded version. I definitely want, at least:

- cold weather pkg
- convenience pkg (auto high beams/auto wipers/etc)
- dual motors (AWD)
- premium pkg w/premium wheels (love the "turbine" design shown off at the reveal)
- ludicrous mode
- tech pkg (autopilot/summon/etc)

I'm only torn on glass roof vs metal and color at this point...