Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much battery is lost when car is parked for long periods?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone left their car for an extended period of time without charging?
Can the model 3 Long Range be left parked for 70 days without charging it?
Will there still be battery to start it and move it to a charger?
Not only would I not recommend doing that for a Tesla, I wouldn't recommend doing it with any car. 70 days is a long time and most every car has parasitic drains on the battery, even fuels can start to be questionable at that duration.

I could plug it in, but was going to move it to the part of the garage without power for a variety of convenience reasons.
Guess I will leave it where it is so I can plug it in. I was thinking about setting the charge level to half (150 miles) and have it charge nightly after it gets that low. Thoughts?
I've never left it that long before so I'm feeling a little clueless. Tried to call Tesla, but was put on hold for an hour twice and gave up.

50% charge should be ideal for long-term storage. Leave it plugged in to your normal charger or even a 120V 15A connection would be fine if the weather is not going to be freezing. The car will only actively charge when it is about 3% lower than the charge limit. No need to schedule a nightly charge unless your electric rate is cheaper at night.

When left alone and allowed to sleep I would expect to lose less than 1% per day. So it should be able to make it through 70 days without a charge if you start at 80% or 90%. But you just never know.

50% charge should be ideal for long-term storage. Leave it plugged in to your normal charger or even a 120V 15A connection would be fine if the weather is not going to be freezing. The car will only actively charge when it is about 3% lower than the charge limit. No need to schedule a nightly charge unless your electric rate is cheaper at night.

When left alone and allowed to sleep I would expect to lose less than 1% per day. So it should be able to make it through 70 days without a charge if you start at 80% or 90%. But you just never know.

THANKS SO MUCH! Exactly the info I was looking for!!!
No worry for freezing weather here. More likely to be too hot than too cold.
I can plug it into a 120V and still move it to the other side of the garage. I'll charge to 90% and then reset it to 50. We'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Here is the pic

Attachments

• A8B27984-D082-4FBA-93D0-14A7758B3EDB.jpeg
    A8B27984-D082-4FBA-93D0-14A7758B3EDB.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 70