Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much do you weight?

How much do you weight?

• less then 200lb

Votes: 83 66.4%
  • 200-209lb

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 210-220lb

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • 221lb and up

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did indeed just "escalated this case to executive" at Tesla now, so once I will hear back from them, I will paste here

So I got the reply back from "executive", and they pretty much ignored of all my question and just replied with standard email BS

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear about your discomfort while sitting in the driver seat. I did contact the team in Brooklyn and they confirmed that a seat is on order for you. The best thing you can do at this point is continue to work with them. They will get you on the schedule when it arrives and repair your vehicle. If you still have trouble after they swap out the seat please let me know. Have a great evening.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm in the well over 220 lb category and soon after I got the X I could feel that support bar beneath my mid-to-lower-thighs. After adjusting my seat a bit and then getting used to it I no longer feel it. As in, if I think about it I can still feel that there is something there, but it doesn't cause discomfort.

I've taken 2 1000-1500 mile long distance trips this year with no issues.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I went through all 7 pages on that thread and they describe a completely different problem with the seat. It still good to see that the topic of weight limit was raised, and the people were freaking out about 250b limit when I was told that seat is rated up to 220lb.

I guess the good thing is that we don't have "2016" problem (seat rocking a bit) any longer and they fixed it, so hopefully they will fix that as well. That is the whole point of that thread anyway.

p.s. I did not find Elon's reply about weight limit other than "I will look into it"

Check the thread again. Elon said he recommended the X to this guy from Game of Thrones. The thread contains these facts about the guy.

Also, don't forget that Elon recently tweeted a response to Kristian Nairn (Hodor on Game of Thrones) recommending an X. He is 6'10" and 370-400 lbs.

I am certainly north of 220 --- I have a DEC2016 build date and have visited the service center for a "popping" noise when initially sitting down. My seat too had gotten uncomfortable for long drives (total 31K miles and counting). The tech sat in the passenger seat and listened. He said it sounded like there was some of the molding underneath that had come loose.

They ordered and replaced the part without issue (although it didn't have anything to do with the seat comfort). I made some adjustments to the seat but the service center noted my concerns and offered to replace the seat should I still have issues. I don't believe 220lb is an accurate representation of the real rating; more than likely much higher than that.