Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much does your electricity cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southeastern MA with National Grid and paying $.22/kWh (thats all in, taxes, delivery etc). The car replaced a minivan which cost me $.14/m. Even if I don't calculate the free supercharging use the Tesla is 50% (more or less) cheaper per mile than the minivan and certainly much more fun to drive.

A month or so back my wife called NG and asked about any EV plans and they mentioned nothing now but are looking into it so hopefully they come around and accept the fact that incentivizing EV owners to charger during off peak would benefit them during peak times especially during the summer months.

My drain is about 3 miles a day, so ~1 kwh = $.14. About $1/week

Some days it drains more than others. I believe parking in an less active area may reduce it. I may try this tomorrow at work :)

upload_2019-4-30_14-42-6.png

Funny you claim others are spreading misinformation when that seems to be the purpose of your post.

The last time I shopped for an EV was 2015 before I leased my Model S. If my information regarding dealership attention to EVs is out of date, then I stand corrected.

The Texas electric vehicle rebate had a very small dollar cap available, and did not apply to Teslas since you cannot purchase one here. Thus, the rebate is unobtainable for 90%+ of EV purchasers in Texas.

The hostility in your post and presumption that I'm specifically here to spread misinformation is baffling to me. Other than perhaps one of my points is dated, there is no misinformation.

The Woodlands area has a lot of Teslas

Where did I say or imply that there weren't? I'm really confused here.

Reactions: StealthP3D
The last time I shopped for an EV was 2015 before I leased my Model S. If my information regarding dealership attention to EVs is out of date, then I stand corrected.

The Texas electric vehicle rebate had a very small dollar cap available, and did not apply to Teslas since you cannot purchase one here. Thus, the rebate is unobtainable for 90%+ of EV purchasers in Texas.

The hostility in your post and presumption that I'm specifically here to spread misinformation is baffling to me. Other than perhaps one of my points is dated, there is no misinformation.

Where did I say or imply that there weren't? I'm really confused here.

Even more crap, you said you can't even buy a bolt without special ordering it. The last time you looked into this was 2015, but the Bolt didn't even come out until 2017. So how could you know you can't get a Bolt without special ordering if the last time you looked into all this was before the bolt was even released?

The rebate was available to every single EV and hybrid sold in Texas, that left out one brand from close to a dozen and consumers got back millions of dollars on it. And since Tesla doesn't release specific sales numbers you have no way to quantify that Texas program left out 90% of EV buyers.

Even more crap, you said you can't even buy a bolt without special ordering it. The last time you looked into this was 2015, but the Bolt didn't even come out until 2017. So how could you know you can't get a Bolt without special ordering if the last time you looked into all this was before the bolt was even released?

The rebate was available to every single EV and hybrid sold in Texas, that left out one brand from close to a dozen and consumers got back millions of dollars on it. And since Tesla doesn't release specific sales numbers you have no way to quantify that Texas program left out 90% of EV buyers.

OK, well, no problem. Cheers.

7.3 Million pot,
~ 2.2 million vehicle sales a year
Electrek has more details on the Texas way:
The program is more generous for cars or trucks running on compressed natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas, which are eligible for $5,000.

Buyers can apply for vehicles bought between Sept. 1 and May 31, 2019, or when the money runs out or if they reach the limit of 1,000 of the natural gas rebates and 2,000 of the electric and hydrogen fuel cell rebates.

An important condition in the program has left out all Tesla buyers since the rebates go through dealerships and Texas is one of the last states that still doesn’t allow Tesla’s direct sale business model.

So there you have it: over the couple year span that the rebate is offered, Texans are asked to chip in ~ $1 per vehicle sold to promote electrification.

Spin on what? The state offered millions of dollars in rebates when it didn't need to, and people got back millions of dollars. There's no spin on that.
The spin was saying that he may have not applied it time, implying that he did not file by a certain deadline while the truth is that people who missed out did so by having the miserly pot run dry.

You keep writing "millions" as if it is a lot of money. It is to me but it is spittle to Texas. Read my other post.

7.3 Million pot,
~ 2.2 million vehicle sales a year
Electrek has more details on the Texas way:

So there you have it: over the couple year span that the rebate is offered, Texans are asked to chip in ~ $1 per vehicle sold to promote electrification.
Money that's not required as part of the job of government to give for deciding which car to buy. Would you prefer the government not give money back to the people? They stepped up and offered money back on something they weren't obligated to do as part of the function of government. The money has to come from somewhere and in a state billions of dollars in debt it doesn't make much much sense to just give away money because someone decided to buy a car. If anything They should be paying more since EVs don't contribute to fuel tax revenue in Texas and therefore are costing the State money. But hey the state decides to give away free money and people will find a way to complain about it.

It was said Texas didn't offer any rebates when in fact they did, just because the poster wasn't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Do you know the exact plan you're on? I'm in Houston and just got off contract and am looking for a new plan.

I have a 2 year contract with TriEagle and like them. However, electricity rates vary between the suppliers over time. I recommend you using (or anyone looking for the best rates in Houston) an unbiased website to select an electricity provider. See below.

TrueCost Electric Portal

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
Southeastern MA with National Grid and paying $.22/kWh (thats all in, taxes, delivery etc). The car replaced a minivan which cost me $.14/m. Even if I don't calculate the free supercharging use the Tesla is 50% (more or less) cheaper per mile than the minivan and certainly much more fun to drive.

A month or so back my wife called NG and asked about any EV plans and they mentioned nothing now but are looking into it so hopefully they come around and accept the fact that incentivizing EV owners to charger during off peak would benefit them during peak times especially during the summer months.
Eversource charges me 25 cents per KWh. We have some of the highest rates in the country and no TOU at all. I too asked Eversource about EV plans......crickets.