Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much model x range lost overnight if unplugged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a way to restart charging from the app when it says "charging complete" but the car has lost range due to inactivity? The only way I can do it is to drag the slider on the battery to 100% wait for charging to start and the. and then back to 80%.
Is there a better way of doing it?
Shouldn't be necessary. If you have scheduled charging turned on, it should just start up charging again in a subsequent charging period assuming that the state of charge has gone below a threshold.

If you absolutely must restart charging immediately, there is a "Start Charging" button on the redesigned app under the "Charging" section.

Shouldn't be necessary. If you have scheduled charging turned on, it should just start up charging again in a subsequent charging period assuming that the state of charge has gone below a threshold.

If you absolutely must restart charging immediately, there is a "Start Charging" button on the redesigned app under the "Charging" section.

Also turn off CABIN OVERHEAT PROTECTION I left my car at the hot Sacramento airport outside and interior cabin hit 130 degrees and the car ran the a
AC for the first 12 hours

Left at the Phoenix Airport... in the parking garage... outside temp well over 100 degrees... approx 8 miles per day lost on the range indicator.
We expect that with the heat we have in AZ. When at home it is always plugged in.

I didn't realize Tesla recommended it always be plugged in. So, won't that negatively affect range to be always plugged in, even if you use the charging limit as I do? I've been intentionally not charging until I got the range down to 75 miles or less, thinking I was protecting battery range - didn't care about vampire battery loss or whatever the term is. The car's cooling of the battery happens constantly in a Dallas summer, even though the car is is in a garage at work and home.

I have Energy Savings enabled and Always Connected OFF. I only lose 1 to 2 miles of range per day. It sleeps the majority of the time it is in the garage. I plug it in 2 - 3 times a week depending on my use. I usually never let it get below 50%.

I didn't realize Tesla recommended it always be plugged in. So, won't that negatively affect range to be always plugged in, even if you use the charging limit as I do? I've been intentionally not charging until I got the range down to 75 miles or less, thinking I was protecting battery range - didn't care about vampire battery loss or whatever the term is. The car's cooling of the battery happens constantly in a Dallas summer, even though the car is is in a garage at work and home.
No. It will not negatively impact range. The battery on these cars is very well managed. Leave it plugged in when you're not driving, if possible. If not try to leave it above 20% and at or below 90%.