Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much to offer for this 85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to make an offer for a private party with these main specs. I would like to know what would be a reasonable offer I should make. Seller is asking for $53k. Thanks!
2015 Model S 85D
60,000 miles
Autopilot1
All-glass panoramic roof
Premium interior leather and lighting
Ultra high fidelity sound
Subzero weather package
no ding/scratches/accidents

I've seen 85D CPOs for around $55k price with 4yr warranty and half mileage. How much is ESA worth?

I consider a 4 year warranty to be worth about $4,000-$5,000. More so though I am just not comfortable buying a Tesla out of warranty, as I just want to have the peace of mind in having anything that breaks covered under warranty.

When you have an out of warranty Tesla, IMO that car is worth less than a car with a warranty because a segment of shoppers would not even want to bother making an offer. We would not, when there are vehicles that you can buy that qualify for the ESA.

Now if a car was $8-10K less than a car with a 4 year warranty I may feel comfortable with a purchase knowing that I have a reasonable reserve for any potential repairs but all this is highly subjective and personal. I'm sure some would roll the dice and take a risk.

• Helpful
Reactions: Target
Didn't go with the 53k CPO as my SO is very particular about interior and exterior color as it'll be our most expensive car yet. It was snatched up quick after posting tho.
Another question, does anyone know if Tesla buyback a car at trade-in price if one doesn't buy another Tesla?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Now that you have all of our attention, what exactly are you looking for? What options are important to you?
I've been watching CPO for a blue, AP1, >70/D, pano, in the low $50k or new fascia for around $60k but availability is limited so I'm looking into private party cars. I deposited for a CPO matching the criteria but ended up rejecting because it had a body long swipe like it had scraped along a safety divider--not sure why they even listed it on CPO. The plan is buy and drive for a long time until maintenance is cost prohibited to own.

Your input is appreciated to make sure I get what I pay for. If I buy from private party, is it possible to pay for Tesla service center to inspect it before purchase? For ICE car, I'd bring to a mechanic but I'm not sure they know what to look for in a Tesla. I'll check carfax, title, service record, and general walk around for ding/scratch/odd behavior but wouldn't know if major components need repair.